Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 3/16/2021 at 10:15 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @David Craff taking a longer view of things, and realizing that many future Qobuz users won't have any local content, I know of several right now that only use streaming, have you guys thought about creating a remote app? This would enable people to run only the Qobuz app on a computer and completely control it via the Qobuz remote app. 

 

I fully understand something similar is possible just by using an Aurender or Audirvana or Roon, etc... but I'm thinking more of a 100% Qobuz solution. 

 

This feature should be very high on the priority list.

 

I bought a Primare NP5 for its ChromeCast built in feature so the I could specifically cast qobuz directly from the Android app. It is however very buggy. More information regarding the issues may be found HERE.

 

I would really like to eliminate third party apps for remote control.

 

Please elevate a qobuz connect feature on your priority list.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@David Craff

 

Is there any chance you could respond to the query I posted above relating to Qobuz possibly removing support for Volumio? I use a miniDSP SHD which relies on Volumio to be able to stream Qobuz content, and I know there are other users with the same hardware on this forum too. I'm just coming to the end of a Tidal contract and was planning to sign up for a 1 year Qobuz contract but if support could be pulled mid-contract this would leave me paying for a service that I could not longer use.

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

@Ultrasonic, does the miniDSP SHD's Volumio allow installation of Volumio plugins containing applications that should still be able to provide Qobuz access, such as the BubbleUPnP Server or the Logitech Media Server (LMS)?

 

Edit:

Looks like at least LMS is possible to install on the SHD via the appropriate Volumio plugin, going by this thread on the miniDSP forum:

https://www.minidsp.com/forum/shd-series/17077-shd-and-logitech-media-server

 

Thanks but the point is to potentially need to use something other than Volumio though. The dedicated version of Volumio native to the SHD works fine currently.

 

Edit: you've quoted a thread I posted on quite a bit by the way 🙂.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it does look like the LMS route would be a potential back-up solution if Volumio on the SHD suddenly became incapable of streaming Qobuz. It would be a major complication to all those who have paid the not trivial cost to purchase SHDs so I really hope that Qobuz bear this in mind and don't force this to be necessary to continue to use their service. 

 

Thanks for the suggestion @Cebolla 🙂.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries.

 

It may also be worth checking to see if the installed LMS's UPnP/DLNA Bridge plugin can be enabled to use with Volumio's upmpdcli UPnP renderer (and therefore its native MPD player that's pre-configured with the SHD hardware). Would avoid any conflict and/or compatibility issues with the SHD hardware if a Squeezelite player was instead installed to be used in parallel to the existing MPD.

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ultrasonic said:

@David Craff

 

Is there any chance you could respond to the query I posted above relating to Qobuz possibly removing support for Volumio? I use a miniDSP SHD which relies on Volumio to be able to stream Qobuz content, and I know there are other users with the same hardware on this forum too. I'm just coming to the end of a Tidal contract and was planning to sign up for a 1 year Qobuz contract but if support could be pulled mid-contract this would leave me paying for a service that I could not longer use.

 

Thanks.

Hi,

 

Sorry but I can't respond to your query. Maybe @dmackta can.

 

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2021 at 6:15 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @David Craff taking a longer view of things, and realizing that many future Qobuz users won't have any local content, I know of several right now that only use streaming, have you guys thought about creating a remote app? This would enable people to run only the Qobuz app on a computer and completely control it via the Qobuz remote app. 

 

I fully understand something similar is possible just by using an Aurender or Audirvana or Roon, etc... but I'm thinking more of a 100% Qobuz solution. 

 

Hi,

 

This is in the backlog of feature we must add.

 

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2021 at 9:54 PM, AnimalonDrums said:

@David Craff

Thanks for again getting back to me so quickly.  I learned a few things I did not know.  I remember you said recently that Qobuz did do sound analysis for future implementation of volume leveling but I do not know if that data would be what Roon needs to make a waveform.  I am not requesting or suggesting for Qobuz to analyze all its files and make waveforms for Roon.  But if the data was already there, then it would be cool if it was something easy to do.

 

As for playlists, I do not know of a program that can edit the Qobuz created playlists such as "2021 Grammy Winners", but for playlists I create using the Qobuz app I can edit them using Audirvana.  I am doing it right now.  I can change the order of the tracks, add more songs to it (the songs have to be from Qobuz obviously) and I can delete tracks.  These changes are almost immediately mirrored in the Qobuz app.  Same with the hearts for favoriting tracks.  In my test playlist in Audirvana, if I click the heart icon it is immediately reflected in the Qobuz app.  It would be great if Roon worked like that with Qobuz 😀

 

Thanks again!

 

Yes that can be good to have this on Roon. But we can only suggest this not force them to add. They have their own UX.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 8:26 AM, David Craff said:
On 11/23/2020 at 5:34 AM, AnotherSpin said:

Good afternoon David, do your fine service plan to cooperate with the developer of HQPlayer with the aim to integrate Qobuz and HQPlayer? As it was done already with Audirvana? It would be great! Thank you.

 

Cooperation is in progress

Hello @David Craff could you please give us a quick update about HQP integration?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @David CraffI mistakenly posted this is in a separate forum.

Thanks for your responsiveness on these threads.

This is more of a request than a technical issue.

 I was initially excited to hear about being able to stream Hi-Res Qobuz content through Sonos.

However, as I understand it, any streams higher than 24-bit/48hKz will stream at 16-bit/44.1hKz.

Most of the Hi-Res content I have saved in my Studio subscription is 96 or 192.

Is there a technical reason why this content won't stream at the higher 24-bit rate?

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kmp6156 said:

Hello @David CraffI mistakenly posted this is in a separate forum.

Thanks for your responsiveness on these threads.

This is more of a request than a technical issue.

 I was initially excited to hear about being able to stream Hi-Res Qobuz content through Sonos.

However, as I understand it, any streams higher than 24-bit/48hKz will stream at 16-bit/44.1hKz.

Most of the Hi-Res content I have saved in my Studio subscription is 96 or 192.

Is there a technical reason why this content won't stream at the higher 24-bit rate?

Thanks.

 

Hi,

 

Yes there is a technical reason and the issue come from the Sonos device.

 

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I may, the upgrade to Sonos to 24 bit is a huge upgrade to the majority of Sonos users who are only streaming mp3. If you have an audiophile digital set up or system, you will most likely go for a streamer with full Hi Res capabilities. This move wasn't meant to challenge the best systems out there or to take audiophiles to their audio nirvana. It was meant to help market better sound to Sonos fans and users to take a few steps forward.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love it if the Qobuz iOS app didn’t require users to keep the app open / in the foreground while downloading music for offline listening. I wish I could start downloading an album, then switch to another app to do something else while the album downloads. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 7:17 PM, Mops911 said:

Hello @David Craff could you please give us a quick update about HQP integration?

 

Hi, HQPlayer give us an update. They are still in progress. No date or estimation for the moment.

 

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Album56 said:

Qobuz android app updated to ver. 5.16.1.3 on my Samsung , any details about what changes are?

 

It broke Chromecast. Can't cast anything higher than CD quality now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daren F said:

 

It broke Chromecast. Can't cast anything higher than CD quality now.

I'm not seeing that, still streaming 24/96 using chromecast on the Lyngdorf TDAI-1120.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2021 at 3:09 PM, David Craff said:

 

Hi,

 

Yes there is a technical reason and the issue come from the Sonos device.

 

Regards

Do you know if it’s a resolvable issue or an actual technical constraint?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nialli said:

Do you know if it’s a resolvable issue or an actual technical constraint?

 

Sorry I have no more information about that. But I think is a limit from older Sonos model.

 

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Craff said:

 

Sorry I have no more information about that. But I think is a limit from older Sonos model.

 

Regards

Thanks. The older (S1) Sonos speakers aren’t  compatible with Qobuz high resolution streaming (http://blogsv2.qobuz.com/espace-presse/2021/03/24/qobuz-sonos-hi-res-streaming-audio/) so if the newer S2 speakers are the problem then that’s a major concern. (I had hoped it was a bug with the first release and once fixed the higher resolution 24-bit streams would stream at 24/44 rather than 16/44. It’s very disappointing if that’s not the case.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...