All of my suggestions have been mentioned by others in this thread but I'll share them to add my 'vote' for their consideration/adoption.

• The ability to sort albums by genre, and then ideally artist and then release date within this. I have my CDs on shelves like this and am used to thinking I want to listen to a particular type of music and then browsing the relevant section to pick something. I find it a bit frustrating that the same isn't possible via favourites as it at least seems like a relatively straightforward feature to introduce? As it stands the favourites section is of fairly limited use for anyone trying to replicate even a pretty modest physical music collection.
  • The ability to sort artists by genre.
  • The introduction of a Spotify or Tidal 'Connect' equivalent. I stream using Volumio which is a long way from good, and being able to directly use the Qobuz app would be a big improvement.
  • A dark mode for the Windows app.

Oh, and some way of flagging obvious genre categorisation errors might be helpful. I realise looking at every such report from users would likely be unworkable but possibly there could be a threshold where if more than a certain number of users reported the same album as having an issue that it gets looked at?

As an example I spotted this evening that Quiet is the New Loud by Kings of Convenience is 'Rock' for example.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2021 at 10:29 PM, Mark Dirac said:

You may like to add to your list "Continue to stream using Volumio", since Qobuz have said that they do not guarantee continuing to allow streaming from FOSS or DIY players such as Volumio and MoOde. And have already been making it awkward for such developers to be able to support Qobuz, such as by disabling keys and API documentation.

Sorry I've only just spotted this reply, which is somewhat worrying. Thanks for posting this. I use the version of Volumio running on a miniDSP SHD so it's not what I'd call a DIY application and crucially not one I am able to easily replace with an alternative if Qobuz support were removed. 

@David Craff are you able to comment on this at all? A risk of losing Qobuz support from my miniDSP SHD would be a major factor in whether I signed up for a 1 year subscription in the near future. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

@David Craff

Is there any chance you could respond to the query I posted above relating to Qobuz possibly removing support for Volumio? I use a miniDSP SHD which relies on Volumio to be able to stream Qobuz content, and I know there are other users with the same hardware on this forum too. I'm just coming to the end of a Tidal contract and was planning to sign up for a 1 year Qobuz contract but if support could be pulled mid-contract this would leave me paying for a service that I could not longer use.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

@Ultrasonic, does the miniDSP SHD's Volumio allow installation of Volumio plugins containing applications that should still be able to provide Qobuz access, such as the BubbleUPnP Server or the Logitech Media Server (LMS)?

Edit:

Looks like at least LMS is possible to install on the SHD via the appropriate Volumio plugin, going by this thread on the miniDSP forum:

https://www.minidsp.com/forum/shd-series/17077-shd-and-logitech-media-server

Thanks but the point is to potentially need to use something other than Volumio though. The dedicated version of Volumio native to the SHD works fine currently.

Edit: you've quoted a thread I posted on quite a bit by the way 🙂.

I think it does look like the LMS route would be a potential back-up solution if Volumio on the SHD suddenly became incapable of streaming Qobuz. It would be a major complication to all those who have paid the not trivial cost to purchase SHDs so I really hope that Qobuz bear this in mind and don't force this to be necessary to continue to use their service. 

Thanks for the suggestion @Cebolla 🙂.