I love the look of the desktop app. Just beautiful. There are some UI/UX issues...

Need a “filter by Favorites” option when landing on an artist after search—or a separate search results listing for Favorites. For example, when you search for an artist in Google Play Music, the results are separated by general results and releases already in your music library. When I want to listen to Bob Dylan (732 releases available), I want to know what I might like to explore vs. what I already have as a favorite.

Need a notification when about to add a duplicate song on a playlist. The desktop app just adds it. 

You can resize the text in the Qobuz desktop app, like you can with a browser—but it won’t stay that way.

Cannot delete a song from a playlist with the Delete key. Also, once you delete a song from a playlist, the playlist jumps to the top, instead of remaining where you are.

Users should be able to click “don’t show again” on the “are you sure you want to delete this track?” popup that accompanies Every. Single. Song. You. Try. To. Remove. From a playlist. Frustrating.

When adding multiple tracks to a playlist in the desktop player, they often don’t show up until later that day. They show up faster in the web player—immediately if you refresh.

What is up with the microscopic scroll bars in both players? (Web and desktop.) Nice to look at, terrible to use.

It would be great to be able to sort search findings by resolution.

27 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

Amazon doesn't offer exclusive mode so you're not getting high resolution audio from them. Not even standard resolution. Everything gets processed by the operating system mixer downgrading its quality.

Amazon’s forums are ablaze with audiophiles bitterly complaining about that. One would have to think that Amazon Music HD will get Exclusive Mode in a hurry. Their app is just over a month old, and I consider it a beta at this point. They do have far more (non-classical) music than Qobuz USA, due to their many-year licensing head start with the MP3 service Amazon Music Unlimited. 

It appears that both services have work to do. 

33 minutes ago, jacobacci said:

So here's my Christmas wish:

Please build a lightweight streamer running on Raspberry Pi 4 that can be remote controlled from the Qobuz app (Win, OSX, Android, iOS).

You probably already have 90% of what it would take. In the Qobuz app for OSX you have both the browsing and the streaming part which communicate with each other through some protocol. Simply take them apart and put the streaming bit on an RP4 and send the commands to it over WLAN / LAN. OSX is basically Linux, so the port should be easy.

To me the lack of a server / streaming client architecture in Qobuz is the main reason I play Qobuz through Roon exclusively (and have to miss out on the browsing experience). 

I'm with you. The laptop/DAC combination in Exclusive Mode sounds sublime. It would be great to control that directly from the Qobuz iPad app. As it stands, I have to use the Audirvana iPad app controlling their companion PC app, and while Audirvana has made great UI/UX strides, it still isn't nearly as feature/rich (and gorgeous) as the Qobuz app.

If Audirvana's iOS app can control Audirvana's PC app wirelessly, I'm hoping that someday Qobuz can do the same with their apps.

I just installed this week's update to the desktop app — love the new search features...kudos!

Quick question: For those not lucky enough to have stumbled across this forum like I did a few weeks ago, how does one know when there is a new version of the desktop app available?

In the app itself, I don't see a "check for updates" option or the option to enable/disable automatic updates.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to know whether you're on the latest version unless you also stumble across this forum and scan for an announcement. Did I miss something?

Just now, rickca said:

There is a very thin banner at the top of the page that says a new update has downloaded, click to restart Qobuz.

It's very easy to miss.

Ah, I guess I was too impatient and downloaded the new app once I heard it was live. Next time, I'll wait for the banner. Thank you!

• 1 year later...

I love how Qobuz has matured and become more reliable, feature-rich, and well-populated with music.

There's just one thing that continues to drive me nuts. Some of my playlists number in the hundreds of tracks. I have one large playlist in particular just for new stuff to explore. But if I'm somewhere in the middle of a long playlist, and want to delete just one track (or a few tracks), once I do that, the playlist zooms back to the top. 

When I'm pruning a new music playlist on the fly, this is maddening. If I delete songs from a playlist, I have to scroll all the way back down to where I was. Every single time. Can we have it so Qobuz stays planted on what we're viewing instead of yanking us away every time we delete a track?

• 1 month later...