Re: the recent discussion of Japanese Jazz on this site. Seems like there is some very good music on these Japanese Labels. Maybe Qobuz can look into adding the labels Three Blind Mice (TBM) and East Wind. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, PunkRockDoc said:

Hi @David Craff,

Ever since the announcement that Apple Music will soon have hi-res streaming content and dolby Atmos content for $10.00 a month, all anyone can say is that the smaller guys like Qobuz, Tidal and Deezer will soon be gone.  I really hope that this is not the case and I don't see it that way, but I am curious what Qobuz plans to do to stay with or ahead of the competition.  I know one thing is the fact that you can buy lossless and hi-Res albums from Qobuz, which you won't be able to do in Apple music or Spotify. Is there anything you can share, like will Qobuz add Dolby Atmos or Sony 360 Reality Audio or something similar? I am just curious, not switching regardless of the answer.  Thanks!

I don't know what Qobuz finances are, but if they are okay being the "audiophile" streaming service, they will probably be okay. They can grow slowly. I don't see Apple or Amazon offering me what I want. I don't want to be part of their ecosystem and love the Qobuz integration with Roon, and the download store. 

The truth is that if Spotify had all their catalog in CD and a large part in hi-res,it would tempt me. But again, the Roon integration is a biggie for me. Having that unified streaming and local catalog is an amazing added value.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jacobacci said:

I have been trying to get 'Amor', a 2x HD remastered album by Amanda Martinez in DXD here in Europe. Not possible. ProStudioMasters deliver only to US and Canada and nativeDSD indicated the album is mastered in DXD, hence does not qualify for the nativeDSD shop.

So my last hope is Qobuz and here's my feature request.

Please offer DXD albums for purchase and download. This should be doable without needing any investment into the streaming platform. That can stay limited to 24/192kHz.

This is the album in question:

https://www.prostudiomasters.com/search?cs=1&q=Amanda+martinez#x

Thanks for listening

Rudi

Just use a VPN to register, use any US address and order at PSM. Once you get the album in your cart,  you don't need the VPN

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, bells said:

Are there any plans to let us purchase music from within the Qobuz app?

I'd love to be able to buy things without leaving any of the first party apps. Right now the desktop version opens a browser. I don't even think there's a way to do it on the Android app.

It's a small quality of life thing, but it'd be really appreciated. (That, and a wishlist!)

Second that. Purchase takes you out of the app to the browser, where you have to login. And then you aren't at the page for the album you wanted to buy. Have to go there again to buy. 

Very clumsy and way too many steps. 

If you are in the app and click buy, it should, at the very least, take you directly to a page for buying the music in question.