4 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

This is probably a Roon request but just in case. Every time I navigate to Qobuz in Roon to browse for new releases I have to set the same Genre filters. 

Any chance these could be sticky or defaults associated to my account login or cookie or whatever?

PS love Qobuz. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Alan

Pretty sure this is something roon would have to do. I asked roon about it months ago. Wasn't changed in 1.7, so not sure they are going to do anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 12/7/2020 at 1:10 AM, Balthazar B said:
  • We enjoy robust music discovery functionality, and this is one area where you have to admit Qobuz falls a bit short of the competition. An ability to support AI-driven artist/album/song/genre/etc. radio listening, instead of just playlists, would go a long way towards enhancing the attractiveness of Qobuz as a fully-featured, well-integrated music service that further realizes the promise shown in your really nice applications, the high quality of your catalog, and your capabilities in providing exemplary streaming to your customers.

This is a popular request. Last year they said it was coming this past spring, then summer, then... crickets.

In a recent video discussion between Qobuz and Roon CEO, Qobuz David Solomon said they had looked at this feature, but decided it was hard to implement and that Roon already does it and does it better than they ever could. (Highly debatable whether Roon Radio is all that great, but whatever. )

This suggests that Qobuz has abandoned the feature. Which is a shame, because every other streaming service has it. It is pushing me back to Tidal, but it's hard to choose the lesser evil of Tidal's MQA fetish and Qobuz's lack of this basic, widely available feature. At least MQA doesn't sound actually bad.

Anyway, some sort of definitive statement from Qobuz regarding their direction on this would be helpful. I really would like to dump Tidal and not have to rely on Roon's (broken) solution, plus Roon doesn't work for mobile.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, baoutch said:

So my question is simple : are you guys planning on releasing some recommendation algorithm and if so is there an approximate release date ?

There have been many assurances and many missed timeframes. At some point you have to assume that it's not happening.

Qobuz has said many times that they are a small company and that they don't have the resources to do everything they'd like to do. 

Anyway, roon provides most of qobuz's missing functionality in this area. Maybe they are content with that third party solution.