@David Craff I would like a feature to be enabled that would allow for moving album/tracks/artists around within the favorites section like how you can modify the order within a playlist with drag and drop or some other way that makes sense. That way as new/older albums become favorites then one could put them in any order they wanted within their saved list(s). Thank you.

• 9 months later...

I would like to see Qobuz implement a folder feature for both desktop and mobile. The 1,000 song limit within a single playlist is way too small for my use case. Folders are a workaround for this limit as well as a good way of keeping things organized and more customizable when creating playlists. Please make sure they have a shuffle mode(s) as well. Thanks.

@DavidCraff I would like to see Qobuz implement a folder feature for both desktop and mobile. The 1,000 song limit within a single playlist is way too small for my use case. Folders are a workaround for this limit as well as a good way of keeping things organized and more customizable when creating playlists. Please make sure they have a shuffle mode(s) as well. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Qobuz team, just a feature request that popped into my head this afternoon. It would be great if the Qobuz client could see my ripped CDs and content purchased elsewhere / downloaded. But, rather than point Qobuz at my NAS or local drive, I want Qobuz to upload my collection to the cloud. This would make it available anywhere, provide a great backup, as well as other things. Charge whatever you need. For $5 per month I get unlimited storage through the VOX app, but would rather use the Qobuz client for this. 

I second Chris’s request as long as a user can upload their own files in CD or better resolution at least up to 192/24 and those files are seamlessly integrated with Qobuz’s catalog so a user can stream everything and mix and match files for making playlists and whatever. This would allow users to fill in the missing holes in an artist’s catalog as well as have their own preferred versions or masterings of files integrated with Qobuz’s catalog for the best streaming experience possible as far as a library goes. There are other features that also need to be implemented to make Qobuz the best music streaming service around. But this would certainly help a lot.

10 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I think a streaming service would never allow you to upload anything to their server. 
The best you can hope for is integration with a cloud service. A thing not even Roon offers yet.

Also I would expect such a feature to be limited to personal accounts only, not family accounts. 

Not talking directly to their servers it would be a cloud as Chris mentioned but Qobuz could implement a way to integrate it so to a user it looks and works as if they were Qobuz’s own files. For example you uploaded your file to a cloud storage locker they provide yet your metadata For those files shows up in Qobuz’s software so you could use your files to integrate with Qobuz’s files when making playlists. Qobuz only needs to point to which file for playback purposes. It could be done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 1:06 PM, dmackta said:

Hi the other thing about uploading your library is that technically our licenses with the labels and rightsholders do not allow us to do that at this time. What you are talking about is a digital locker service. It is true that VOX is working on integrating Qobuz streaming into their apps which will be cool. 

You may want to start renegotiating your licensing with the labels sooner rather than later:  https://in.mashable.com/tech/18726/spotify-may-soon-support-local-music-playback

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, el_micko said:

Hi all.

@David Craff please can you tell us if you are to implement a ‘radio’ feature soon where you can be listening to an album, artist, track or even genre and you can have the option to start a ‘radio’ station based on said album, artist, track or even genre like you can do in Spotify and most other services.

Secondly, a discovery area where personally curated playlists are made for you by the algorithms that chart your listening behaviour such as the daily mixes in Spotify, Tidal and Deezer as well as similar features such as the famous Discover Weekly in Spotify and Flow in Deezer.

Are any of these planned in upcoming releases or are they simply on the backlog. (I work m IT, I know how’s long things take to get off the backlog).

Thank you very much for your time

All the best

Mike 

I suggest you take the time to watch this Q&A with Qobuz. Very informative. Actual video starts at the 1:00 mark:  

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, jma2 said:

Forgive me if the below feature request has already been made. I searched for it but couldn't find it back easily.

After I stream albums on Qobuz, I often buy the files and add them in my collection on my NAS.

With the general increasing risk of MQA infestation, the probability that I might unconsciously buy such files and therefore unconsciously support MQA also increases.  I would like to see a clear indication at least on the Qobuz store which versions are MQA-mangled.

With respect to the streaming itself, I now see sometimes the same album available in CD-quality (no specific indication) or in high-resolution with "(hires)" indication after the album title. I hope also here an MQA indicator may appear next to the album title, when appropriate, so that I can decide not to stream it (thereby not supporting MQA).

I know Qobuz by default tries to avoid MQA, but I've seen discussion about MQA processed music also available on Qobuz. And when music will be distributed in MQA-only format, I would like to know up-front.

Definitely don’t purchase anything from the 2L label then.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Just saw a reminder from Dan at Bliss about backing up one's music collection. Yes, this should always be done. But then I thought, it's time to remind Qobuz that some of us would love the ability to upload our local libraries to Qobuz and create the an awesome integrated solution / service. 

It would be like Roon, but for Qobuz and in the cloud. Mobile Fidelity, Audio Fidelity, Analogue Productions, etc... are "never" coming to streaming services. 

Completely agree with this. Especially where Qobuz’s catalog is still lacking in some ways to Spotify and others. Qobuz still not having Bob Seger’s discography while the other services do could be filled in by individual users that already happen to have his music in their collections at least until Qobuz finally gets it but at least they wouldn’t have to wait around for it. And Qobuz should allow for us to upload in full fidelity and not low quality like Apple Music and Spotify currently do.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
20 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Mine also has a sort option with 3 options above the "folders" essentially

You are misunderstanding what rokep is inquiring about. Qobuz does not currently offer a folder feature as Romeo is inquiring about like Spotify actually has. A folder feature lets you put multiple playlists into a single folder which helps for those users that like to better curate their libraries. Those three options about sorting playlists you refer to are just alphabetical order, order from most recent and I forget the third option but they don’t do what rokep is referring to unfortunately. A folder feature would be a great addition for Qobuz to add as a feature. Hopefully it would help them remove the limit to the number of individual tracks allowed within a playlist as well for those that like extremely long playlists and that also may allow a user to shuffle between playlists while listening which would be another good feature. Any insight on this @David Craft?