IGNORED

New Audio-GD DI-20?

On 10/29/2019 at 12:01 PM, soundlogic said:

Has anyone purchased or heard the new Audio-GD DI-20? As one who has tried a number of “usb digital interfaces”
Mutec MC3+USB, Kitsune’ tuned Singxter SU1, and currently Gustard U-16...this Audio-GD looks like beast, especially the DI-20 HE with the upgraded PS.
check it out: http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/DI20/DI20EN.htm

Hi Soundlogic,

Thank you very much for this post. I have a friend who has the Audio-GD Master 7 and really likes it. But, - I really appreciate your post, (and your opinion carries a lot of weight with me), as you've had the Mutec, SU1, U-16, etc in your system. I've used the Berkeley, the SU-1, the Matrix, APL, and currently am running the U-16 and like it.

(I don't run DSD, - so the U-16 works fine. And, - from my experience, - I agree with Tubelover2's great USB-SPDIF converter shootout)

I've not pursued the SU-6 as I am not running DSD and the price seems steep compared to what people say as far as it comparing to the U-16.

Anyway, IMO, $500 for the Audio-GD is reasonable if it is a significant bump up from the U-16. 

All this being said, - the appeal of the DCS network bridge is starting to grow on me as I know i spent more than $4000 on Sonore/Uptone streamers, power supplies, cables, magic stones, and special incantations and candlelit ceremonies in the deep of night on all the solstices....   🙂

Thanks again for your posts, and how is it running-in so far??

Cheers,

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, zerung said:

I wanted to report. The DI20HE is AMAZING....just that and more.

It took a lot to of burning and burning. It was just amazing to hear what it did. With the outer master clock, it went one runk above.

So, what can be better? I got the Auralic Aries 2i (The sonore UR was useless). But the 2i will take time - it needs to burn in. But I already see that the lower bit is very promising.

But DI20 is amazing! 

Hi,

Thank you for your reporting. Really grateful for your updates! I got a quote on one from AudioGD, - but it's just a little bit of a bridge too far with the fact that I need an amp repair right now. I am running an ultra-Rendu with a Gustard U16. Jumping from the Gustard Audio-GD is a significant bump in cost, - for one who just runs SPDIF 24/192 into the DAC. Do you notice a big bump in SQ from running non-hiRez material?

Thanks again for your reports on this....