IGNORED

New Audio-GD DI-20?

On 6/12/2020 at 6:59 AM, smodtactical said:

Well I got DI20HE and its DOA. Sad. Tried everything to get it going. Will be returning, not sure for refund or replacement. Considering denafrips Gaia now but its very pricey for a DDC so I don't know.

I hope you have your problems addressed by Audio-GD??

I am getting one too, I hope that the issues solved when my unit is shipped.

I am sure like you I am trying to get the USB module out of my DAC and feed it pure I2S. I hope that is the true way out as I dont read too many good reviews of the I2S signal out of the computer addressing our CAS needs....even fro Pink Faun implementation - however some smattering of positive views from Head-Fi is hardly reassuring as they are struggling with the units reliability? I hope that is a software and not a hardware issue?

But the Gaia reviews are more positive....

My fingers are crossed for the DI-20HE.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

• 2 weeks later...

@tedwoods Thanks for sharing this.

I have already taken the path away from all USB boards in my GG. However I do have another B7, which I might try the board you have recommended. I will also perhaps go linux soon.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Albrecht When the audio gd is fully burnt in, you will not need the UR as the sound of UR is immaterial; meaning you can sell this to fund the 20HE.

Yes I also use SPDIF... in fact that was the only reason to go for the 20HE. The sound out of this DI is perfectly perfect and putting this into your DAC takes the signal from the USB interface.....ensuring a better sound overall. Also the 20HE has another output called the ACSS, which has a better coaxial output ....which is what I am using. Lastly you can also do I2S over HDMI.