IGNORED

MELCO’S S100 DATA SWITCH

Melco has together with Buffalo Technology made a switch for “audiophiles”. It will cost quite a bit more than the switch that Up tone is about to realize and the one from SOtM. Would I like to discuss the pros and cons of the designs as well as the SQ impact of those switches with others that are interested in audio grade switches.

Some info/marketing stuff about the S100 can be read here: https://audiobacon.net/2019/10/23/melcos-new-audio-specific-s100-data-switch/ 

I’m no expert, but to me the layout seems very nice and clean, the fact that they have focus on an anti-vibration and isolating of Melco’s N10 is one thing I like. I don’t know how it is going to be powered and it would make a rather big difference to me if it come with a Switching Mode Power Supply (SMPS) or something “better”, especially at this price.  

image.png.99105b28dbe00f0b95661c962d30df97.png

I'm interested in 'audiophile' switches were manufacturers are going to show measurements. That is they identified an issue with commodity switches and solved it and shown their solution solving said problems.

Bottom line is you can get GB switches with SFP and go optical therefore breaking the electrical connection. 

Or just go wifi.