IGNORED

Mac OS Catalina Disaster With Sonos and Roon

@mwheelerk @realalex ... and if you do that (if you can get ROON to work) you will wait FOREVER for it to load and play anything( with that stupid icon bouncing up and down) AND if you contact 'support' or 'community' you will get repeated 'bot' induced asinine questions about your 'setup' you'll be asked for screenshots you'll be told it's because you use WiFi instead of ethernet etc (if you can wade through their impossible table of contents) and if you are the least bit irreverent you'll be lectured or censored... ROON has a beautiful concept,SQ,metadata etc and I love it( I have a lifetime subscription whatever that means at my age) but... it takes far too too long to load and play anything and it's support/community is like..."forget it Jake, it's Chinatown"... think about Audirvana A+3 or just Qobuz as desktop app---THEIR support@Damien78(A+3) &  @dmackta(Qobuz) are superb

bobbmd

3 hours ago, Currawong said:

Much of that issue is Roon, among others, are using a version of the Chrome browser, essentially, to provide the user interface, instead of taking the time to probably write good software. Since browsers are massive bloatware, it can easily end up using 1GB of memory.

The Roon UI uses OpenGL and Mono amongst other components. Not sure where you are getting the idea that it uses the Chrome browser from.