IGNORED

Volt+ Double - Wattage at 8 ohms 24v

Jay610

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival my Allo amp on Monday; this will be my first audiophile quality amp so Im trying to get the right set up.

As far as the wattage rating and speaker impedance, Im looking at getting the Polk Rti A1 bookshelf speaker rated at 8ohms and 20-125watts and 89db sensitivity. Will this amp be enough to properly power the speakers.  I know that at 4ohms with 24v ps (which I have) I'm looking at 60 watts, just not sure what the wattage is with 8ohms and 24v.

Please advise and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such a question.

On 10/25/2019 at 8:37 AM, Jay610 said:

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival my Allo amp on Monday; this will be my first audiophile quality amp so Im trying to get the right set up.

As far as the wattage rating and speaker impedance, Im looking at getting the Polk Rti A1 bookshelf speaker rated at 8ohms and 20-125watts and 89db sensitivity. Will this amp be enough to properly power the speakers.  I know that at 4ohms with 24v ps (which I have) I'm looking at 60 watts, just not sure what the wattage is with 8ohms and 24v.

Please advise and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such a question.

The specs of the Allo isn’t clear as they quoted max of 50W. Choosing an amplifier wattage depends a lot on the average loudness level and speakers efficiency.

If you are planning to use to listen at 80dB at 2 meter away with ample headroom then the Allo should do the job provided provided the specs are honest. 

Technically, I would buy an amplifier that is at least rated twice the max power of the speakers. 

14 hours ago, STC said:

The specs of the Allo isn’t clear as they quoted max of 50W. Choosing an amplifier wattage depends a lot on the average loudness level and speakers efficiency.

If you are planning to use to listen at 80dB at 2 meter away with ample headroom then the Allo should do the job provided provided the specs are honest. 

Technically, I would buy an amplifier that is at least rated twice the max power of the speakers. 

Thanks I will taken your advice into consideration.