IGNORED

NAS confusion

I am planning on purchasing a Linn Selekt early next year and I want to connect to a QNAP NAS which I will also be purchasing. The NAS will be replacing a USB hard drive and the Selekt will be replacing my Mac Mini and my current MF DAC and the spdif converter or whatever it is.

I want to continue using JRiver Media Center, as I have gotten used to it and I like what it does. Can someone help me understand how I implement JRiver into all of this and whereabouts it lies in the system, etc?

Sorry if this seems really obvious to many of you, but my head is about to shrivel up.

Thanks so much for any insight.

Neil M.

Neil M.

CA System 2013 i7 Mac Mini, JRiver, AQ Cinnamon, MF V Link 192, Teradak PS, DACiT, W4S STI 1000, Linn Ninka's

Main System (Analogue) LP12, Ittock, Klyde, Lingo 2, Kairn, Wavelength Duetto, AvanteGarde Uno's

Main System (Digital) CEC TL51, dCS Elgar, dCS Purcell, Wavelength Duetto, AvanteGarde Uno's

Hmm, it appears that I am even more confused than I already thought I was, lol. The reality is that I like the JRiver interface, library view, etc. From the sound of things, I may be placing too much emphasis on this aspect of things. I certainly want gapless playback, a more robust, centralized storage system for my music and movies, etc.

I felt that moving away from the Mac Mini would be the next sensible step and the Selekt offers several benefits, including a streamer, pre-amp, DAC and possibly amp in a one box solution. Whilst it may not be alone in providing these solutions, it also contains a phono input for my turntable with moving coil, which is very important to me.

Being sensible, it sounds as though I need to investigate the software options for the Selekt and see what they actually are, rather than predicating a decision on +- $7000.00 purchase decision on $100 worth of software.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Neil M.

Neil M.

CA System 2013 i7 Mac Mini, JRiver, AQ Cinnamon, MF V Link 192, Teradak PS, DACiT, W4S STI 1000, Linn Ninka's

Main System (Analogue) LP12, Ittock, Klyde, Lingo 2, Kairn, Wavelength Duetto, AvanteGarde Uno's

Main System (Digital) CEC TL51, dCS Elgar, dCS Purcell, Wavelength Duetto, AvanteGarde Uno's