IGNORED

Warming up for best performance.

STC

Add to that the electric jug/Coffee machine, the Toaster, the electric Stove and the electric radiator.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

10 hours ago, kumakuma said:

If you did, you would realize that going on and on about bling and expensive gear is completely out of step with the vast majority of folks who hang out here.

If you want people to listen to you, start listening to them!

Talking about listening to other people, how about this,

At the end he describes what the impact of the Rossini is, in terms of delivering "visceral sound" - that's the place where I live, what I'm after ... if I was listening to it, I would be nodding my head with approval. So why would I be bothered with anything of a lower standard, as something "to take notice of" ... hmmm?

1 hour ago, kumakuma said:

So your definition of "listening to other people" means cherry picking posts that you agree with. Can't say that I'm surprised. 

Ah, so your definition of "listening to other people" is to keep soaking up POVs you disagree strongly with, and know are wrong - until you are brainwas ... err, persuaded that they have something special to offer. Something like, if you keep listening to what Trump says, over and over again, you will end up understanding that he is probably the great saviour of mankind, in these dark times 🙂.

1 hour ago, fas42 said:

Ah, so your definition of "listening to other people" is to keep soaking up POVs you disagree strongly with, and know are wrong - until you are brainwas ... err, persuaded that they have something special to offer. Something like, if you keep listening to what Trump says, over and over again, you will end up understanding that he is probably the great saviour of mankind, in these dark times 🙂.

???

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Let's say we are both confused ... 🙂.

I've been reading, and hearing the same stories, over and over again, for decades, about what makes for good listening ... and, it ... doesn't ... work. By contrast, I've established a certain approach which always works - provided one persists with the exercise ... so, whom I'm listening to, are my ears, 😉.

20 minutes ago, fas42 said:

I've been reading, and hearing the same stories, over and over again, for decades, about what makes for good listening ... and, it ... doesn't ... work. By contrast, I've established a certain approach which always works - provided one persists with the exercise ... so, whom I'm listening to, are my ears, 😉.

Whatever turns your crank, Frank.

Enjoy your laptop and YouTube videos!

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

15 hours ago, fas42 said:

Frank, you’ve been POSTING the same story for decades (at least it seems that way, the way you invade every forum on this site and post the same nonsense over and over and over and over to a group of audiophiles who decided long ago that your words have no credibility)!

We sure do wish that you could learn a new song, though. The one you’ve been singing has gotten really old, especially since the words convey no information and the song makes no sense.

George

The song I sing is that virtually all recordings can be experienced as powerful, emotionally engaging events - if the song you want to hear is that most recordings are only fair to mediocre, and that one has the most fun by playing with gear, and constantly recycling a small, select group of recordings "which are good enough" to show off your equipment ... so be it, 😉.

What makes no sense to you is that integrity of the complete playback chain is vital to achieving that higher level of listening satisfaction - like most, you want to be casual and sloppy with many of the aspects of the setup ... and so you reap the consequences of having that attitude.

Because you have never experienced what's possible, you claim it's nonsense - because that allows you to be comfortable with where you're at. That's fine 🙂 ... but I suspect there are more than a couple of readers who aim to get more from listening to their recordings ... what my 'song' is aiming to to do is to motivate those people to consider trying other than the old, worn out ways to get there, that have been trotted out since year dot ...

8 minutes ago, fas42 said:

The song I sing is that virtually all recordings can be experienced as powerful, emotionally engaging events - if the song you want to hear is that most recordings are only fair to mediocre, and that one has the most fun by playing with gear, and constantly recycling a small, select group of recordings "which are good enough" to show off your equipment ... so be it, 😉.

What makes no sense to you is that integrity of the complete playback chain is vital to achieving that higher level of listening satisfaction - like most, you want to be casual and sloppy with many of the aspects of the setup ... and so you reap the consequences of having that attitude.

Because you have never experienced what's possible, you claim it's nonsense - because that allows you to be comfortable with where you're at. That's fine 🙂 ... but I suspect there are more than a couple of readers who aim to get more from listening to their recordings ... what my 'song' is aiming to to do is to motivate those people to consider trying other than the old, worn out ways to get there, that have been trotted out since year dot ...

spacer.png

Franks high end chain. 

The laptop is used for playing music clips that are posted online - and to check for differences in versions of such, and to note whether there is anything obviously wrong, in the capture of an audio system in operation.

Other rigs are used for "serious stuff" ... geddit?

6 minutes ago, fas42 said:

The laptop is used for playing music clips that are posted online - and to check for differences in versions of such, and to note whether there is anything obviously wrong, in the capture of an audio system in operation.

Other rigs are used for "serious stuff" ... geddit?

What other rigs? You can't answer? You don't have one? To embarrassed to say what you have? Are you saying you are using a laptop to compare another audio systems playback? What are you capturing?

1 minute ago, Racerxnet said:

What other rigs? You can't answer? You don't have one? To embarrassed to say what you have? Are you saying you are using a laptop to compare another audio systems playback? What are you capturing?

(Sigh) ... I have repeatedly posted on forums, including this one, what has been used on the journey ... I'm taking time out at the moment, to fix up bits of the house - you know, what some consider essential - the fools!! ST's thread on Inside High End has some pics of samples of the gear that's been used - won't do you much harm to try tracking this down ... good mental therapy, 😄.

Seeing many of the recent posts reminds me of a TV show last night where one of the good guys was thrown in the water and blood dumped in the water around him, with  a group of sharks heading in for the kill.

It is interesting to note that several of the members who regularly dump on Frank from a great height never appear to have posted anything positive to support the reason behind this forum, which is mainly to share information.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020