IGNORED

Warming up for best performance.

STC

7 minutes ago, STC said:

Ask yourself from where for got that from. You cannot talk about competent system when you are without a reasonably competent system to compare. If your reference been a minicompo than it is impossible to talk about a proper high fidelity sound. That is making objective comparisons. Having said that it is always possibly to enjoy music even with such simplistic system by conditioning our mind. That’s what enjoy music and let our imagining is about. Know that difference. Reproducing sound and enjoying music are different aspect of this hobby. 

How many times can I say, "Oh dear, ..." 🤨 ...

I don't know what good sound is, if I don't have something around that reminds me what good sound is, eh?? Something like, if I was stranded on a desert island and didn't hear a real piano for that whole time - that I would have no idea what a piano sounded like - and would have to retrain myself to appreciate the sound of that instrument, once rescued ..perhaps?

Luckily, I seem to be the odd man out here - I can go for years without listening to a typical audiophile's rig, and when I do I instantly hear what's wrong when it tries to imitate a piano - guess it's just natural talent, eh? 🤩

16 hours ago, kumakuma said:

IMHO, your approach to this hobby doesn't seem like a lot of fun.

I'd rather spend my time listening to music than endless hours of futzing around with my equipment.

perfection-scale.thumb.jpg.aea4f4d859338a5b22114ea9743ad08d.jpg

technically known as "Satisfizing" (as vs. Optimizing) - a guy got a Nobel in Econ. a few years for that