IGNORED

Article: Amazon Music HD With iOS, macOS, Windows 10, BluOS, and a Sonos Port

In my Philly apt for the work week I have a Yamaha RN-303 with a Marantz Cd Player and Focal 716 speakers - I also have a Gen 1 Amazon Fire TV box.  The Yamaha has integrated pandora and Spotify but alas no Amazon music app.

WRT the Amazon music Ultra HD= hi res- I have 2 data points to share in case they are helpful to someone in the forum:

Content that Amazon says is 24/196 is transmitted via toslink from the fireTV to the Yamaha at 16/44.
The same content transmitted via airplay from an iPad using the Amazon music IOS app to the Yamaha plays at 16/44.  
16/44 still sounds pretty good, to me, though it seems to drain the batter of my iPad about 4X.

Best Stereo System: Wired Sonos Connect -> AQ Cinammon Digital Coax -> Marantz SA-8005 -> AA Black Momba 2 interconnects -> Marantz PM-15S2 -> Kimber 8TC speaker Cables -> Zu Soul Superfly speakers.

Ingest> NAS> Distribution: Sony Vaio Laptop ripping via ITunes to Apple Lossless, manually synced to WD Mycloud NAS, Linksys 1900AC Router, Netgear Gig E switch, generic Ethernet cables, TPLinc ethernet power line extenders.

18 hours ago, jdjaye said:

In my Philly apt for the work week I have a Yamaha RN-303 with a Marantz Cd Player and Focal 716 speakers - I also have a Gen 1 Amazon Fire TV box.  The Yamaha has integrated pandora and Spotify but alas no Amazon music app.

WRT the Amazon music Ultra HD= hi res- I have 2 data points to share in case they are helpful to someone in the forum:

Content that Amazon says is 24/196 is transmitted via toslink from the fireTV to the Yamaha at 16/44.
The same content transmitted via airplay from an iPad using the Amazon music IOS app to the Yamaha plays at 16/44.  
16/44 still sounds pretty good, to me, though it seems to drain the batter of my iPad about 4X.

Also - from my ipad (2018), either from the internal speakers or the 3.5 mm headphone jack, the same 24/192 track is reported as playing out at 24/48

Best Stereo System: Wired Sonos Connect -> AQ Cinammon Digital Coax -> Marantz SA-8005 -> AA Black Momba 2 interconnects -> Marantz PM-15S2 -> Kimber 8TC speaker Cables -> Zu Soul Superfly speakers.

Ingest> NAS> Distribution: Sony Vaio Laptop ripping via ITunes to Apple Lossless, manually synced to WD Mycloud NAS, Linksys 1900AC Router, Netgear Gig E switch, generic Ethernet cables, TPLinc ethernet power line extenders.