IGNORED

Article: Amazon Music HD With iOS, macOS, Windows 10, BluOS, and a Sonos Port

Thanks Chris,

As long as Amazon doesn't offer an exclusive mode for the Win10 app it's a non starter for me. That's a shame since there's so much potential at hand to offer HD level music at a very reasonable cost.  :(

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

On 10/16/2019 at 2:11 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I agree with some of what you say in that we never know how close a recording is to the actual event, if there was an actual event, because we weren't there. However, to use an extreme example,  we could take one's favorite music and keep reducing the quality until it isn't recognizable. Then go back up the quality scale. There are points on this continuum where music is more enjoyable than others. That's my point. Music can be more enjoyable for many if the quality is increased. This has noting to do with accuracy to an event, but accuracy to the recording as delivered by an artist. 

+1 

Without an available exclusive stream path, who knows what SQ you'll end up with at the speakers after the stream navigates whatever digital paths your individual system may be putting it thru.

In the end you might be better off with the still cheaper Spotify Premium with which "Spotify Connect" can send it's stream directly into many of todays media players. Spotify still has arguably the largest catalog of music and best UI of all the current streamers.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

• 1 month later...

Got an email today that my 90 day free sub is about to expire.  At this point I believe I'll cancel it and stick with Spotify for now. Since they offer no way for me to get their stream into my system without at least 2 data rate conversions and Spotify Connect directs the stream directly into my Marantz Pre/Pro the audible superiority of Amazons stream would be debatable.

Just put this up here hoping Amazon suits are listening.  ;)