wgscott

Ripping your digital files to vinyl

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, Archimago said:

Silly product but could be fun novelty for some.

Absolutely!

The other day they asked one of my granddaughters that they had to bring something technologically weird and different to school. I gave her some audio tubes and not even the teacher knew what they were or what they were for ...

Roch

the roundness of the analogy LP inspired me to order in a pizza

I hope everyone has their X-ray crystallography setups back up after power failures...

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

1 hour ago, Archimago said:

Silly product but could be fun novelty for some.

I wonder though how this sounds like (need a YouTube video). Would be impressed if the cut 10" disks eve n halfway sounds decent...

I don't think they said how much for each blank disk.

You would also first need to use RIAA EQ before cutting it, in order to play it back with a normal Vinyl setup.

"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of your CD,

you might as well give up your career as a tester. The difference between a reconstituted FLAC and full size WAV is much less than that, but it does exist. - Cookie Marenco"

PROFILE UPDATED 18-06-2019

I was just talking to a buddy at the USGS Nat'l Water Quality Lab - they have a bunch of mass spec.s etc. for contaminants analysis, and require several hours notice to do a shutdown to prevent harm.

I guess everything will need a BPS as the US approaches 3rd world conditions...

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound