IGNORED

Article: Sonore opticalRendu & Signature Rendu SE Optical Review | Part 2

"For example, using Roon to send audio to the dCS Rossini's Ethernet interface versus using Roon to send audio to the "SE optical" that sends it on to the Rossini's USB interface, I'm 100% positive the path through the Sonore component is much better. This source selection is a real-world decision people will make, should they use Roon directly or through an optical Rendu?"

My takeaway from Part 1 and 2 of the Review is that the optical element can raise the level of performance significantly. Do you have a Sonore OpticalModule on hand to feed the Rossini's Ethernet input from Ubiquiti?

Chris, I do believe Andy has a point about component stacking. It would adversely affect both Rossini and DV2, because the footers cannot completely eliminate resonance, although designed to do their best to their own unit. Placing a weight or unit compromises things further. dCS even mention it in their manuals - why go through the trouble writing it and not mention other elements such as cabling etc. ?

Vibration control would have played less importance in your previous setup with TAD monitors and matched stands. But you now have Wilsons that have orders of magnitude of energy moving the air and floor. You done the hard bit with acoustic management, but if you speak to your expert networks, they might offer more physics-based knowledge on this.

Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 10.32.34.png

8 hours ago, Andy Yuen said:

Hi Chris,  to test whether stacking the DV2 on top of the Rossini DAC is a good thing or not, why not put them on separate shelves and then give them an extended listen to find out? 

Give the guy a break! 😀 Cable swapping's a bit of a chore in this hobby, let alone moving around 17kg components.