IGNORED

Article: Sonore opticalRendu & Signature Rendu SE Optical Review | Part 2

1 hour ago, matthias said:

Chris,

excellent review!

Please, can you specify which equipment you used upstream to the Signature Rendu SE Optical for the review.

Thanks

Matt

Here are the network pieces I used. These are connected to my main network via fiber as well.

Ubiquiti UniFi Switch 8 (150W) - LINK

Ubiquiti SFP Modules (UF-SM-1G-S) - LINK

Single Mode LC to LC 10 Meter Fiber Cable - LINK

Roon was running on three different platforms during this review. 

1. ROCK / NUC

2. CAPS Cortes / Windows 10 Pro

3. QNAP NAS

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

21 minutes ago, matthias said:

"Note: My comparisons with the Aurender W20SE weren't thorough as I'd just received it for evaluation. But, there were some nuances in tone that I heard via the W20SE and not the "SE optical"

With the Aurender you used USB out directly into the DACs?

Thanks

Matt

No, Aurender was used via AES and externally clocked via the dCS Rossini, and only via AES for the other DACs. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

28 minutes ago, Andy Yuen said:

Hi Chris, I noticed that you stacked the Emm Labs DV2 on top of the Rossini DAC.  I am sure you are aware that doing that would certainly affect the performance of the DV2. Also, all hi fi components benefit greatly from resonance control footers under it, such as the Ansuz Acoustic Darkz dtc that I used under all my components. They also benefit greatly when stacked on resonance control hi fi racks such as the Critical Mass Systems Maxxum rack and amplifier stand that I used.

Hi Andy - If your assertions are correct, the performance of the DV2 should be increased by its placement on top of the Rossini because the Rossini has its own feet and limited built-in vibration control. Thus, I'm doubling up.

I'm not a big believer in the vibration control components because I've yet to hear it really do much. I know many people who swear by the stuff and I'm not discounting their experiences at all. I can only go by what I've experienced. 

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Redphu said:

Thanks Chris. I’ve been waiting for the 2nd part of this review.  Would you have any experience with Innous or Pink Faun player; I’m looking for some comparisons. Thanks. 

I’ve heard Innous many times at shows. Good stuff, but I can’t do the comparison. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, charles rollo said:

Using a Aqua Acoustic FormulaxHD DAC with iPeng not Roon. DAC can use Roon however very happy with iPeng. Using an Innuos Zenith mk3  music server. Where would this device be used in that set up ? Thank you.

charles

Hi Charles - This device wouldn't fit in your current setup, unless you could somehow output audio from the Innuos to the Rendu over Ethernet. Perhaps you can use DLNA or Roon to try this. 

• 5 months later...
32 minutes ago, RichardK said:

Would you say that the opticalRendu with the Turbo Power Supply provides the same sound quality as the Signature Rendu SE with that same power supply (both with the optical connection. Signature Rendu with the Tier 2 upgrade)

Most likely yes. I think the only difference between the two systems I have is that the power supply is inside the SE rather than external to the oR.