IGNORED

Article: Sonore opticalRendu & Signature Rendu SE Optical Review | Part 2

6 hours ago, fpalm69 said:

@vortecjr

Is the input/output board on the Signature Rendu SE the same as the opticalRendu?

I checked my units and it shows the Signature to have board V1.01 whereas the opticalRendu has board V1.1 and they look very similar in size and layout.  There must be something more to account for the price difference besides the inclusion of the power supply and cabinet on the Sig?

Signature with Tier 2 upgrades is $4,490.  I don't see Tier 3 offered.  Adding an opticalMoudle and FO cable brings it to $4,740.

The two are similar, but different production runs. The Signature Rendu SE was an ultraRendu and power supply in one enclosure. The Signature Rendu SE optical is an opticalRendu and power supply in one enclosure. The Tier 1 and Tier 2 upgrade paths are for fuses, shielding, and select power components. Some of these parts are hard to source or long lead items. FYI the parts for the Tier 2 upgrade arrived so that unit is back in stock as of today.   

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

What makes the power supply “turbo?”

Is there a turbine in there? Do you get the boost from compressing exhaust gas? If not than I guess it’s more of a “supercharger.” x-D

(Sorry, I’m an old car guy...)

Very nice review. Congrats.

I’m a car guy...can you tell from my account name?