IGNORED

PGE (Power, Greed and Extortion) Power-cut playlist

Living up to the E in its name, they are going to turn the screws on northern Cali for a few days (perhaps until Gov. Gavin Greaseball screams "uncle" and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless PGE from all future customer incineration and explosion events).

So ... we need a playlist (at least until the iPhone loses its 3 hour charge).

Do you need an acoustic playlist?

BTW, a Tesla Powerwall battery will run my house for 0.14 day (winter heating season) - so I suggest a Ballard Power fuel cell.  There are several parked out behind the Oracle HQ bldgs. if you have a truck & crane...

Oh.. if you don't like Newsome, then maybe bring back Gov. Gray...

7 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Do you need an acoustic playlist?

BTW, a Tesla Powerwall battery will run my house for 0.14 day (winter heating season) - so I suggest a Ballard Power fuel cell.  There are several parked out behind the Oracle HQ bldgs. if you have a truck & crane...

Oh.. if you don't like Newsome, then maybe bring back Gov. Gray...

Yes we'll be all acoustic today, lol.

My battery bank will run critical systems for 18 hours. That includes the refrigerator, microwave, central lighting, security, computing, and communications. In our local climate we do not consider heating and A/C a critical system; the house is very well insulated, the internal temperature is moderated by a basement (rare in this area), and we can live without our radiant heat (in floors that retain heat for a while anyway) and without our split-system A/C for at least a day or so.

No natural gas, the cars are electric, and I usually owe nothing or at most one month's small power bill at the end of each year, previously to PG&E and now Silicon Valley Clean Energy.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

I suspect it will become increasingly difficult to maintain First World levels of services in the future.  The outages are only patly due to PG&E's lack of maintenance; climate change has greatly amplified fire risk.

But once the ecosystem conversion is complete it will be ok.  Sand doesn't burn.

Nearfield setup-Matrix Element H USB>Curious Evolved>Yggy OG>Freya+>Mono Trys>Harbeth P3ESR 40th & Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X & Burson Soloist w/ Super Charger> Mr.Speakers Ether 2,& Technics 1500C, Arcromat> SoundSmith Carmen MkII > Zu Mission>Parks Puffin Toslink.. Blue Jeans interconnects, Pangea power cables, IsoAcoustics feet, Goldpoint SW2X

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

I suspect it will become increasingly difficult to maintain First World levels of services in the future.  The outages are only patly due to PG&E's lack of maintenance; climate change has greatly amplified fire risk.

But once the ecosystem conversion is complete it will be ok.  Sand doesn't burn.

At high temperatures in an atmosphere rich in fluorine or chlorine it could.

So far, nothing has happened here.  (Further north, they have cut power to half a million households and businesses.)  Although it is a bit dry, the air is calm (no wind).  So they have postponed the shutdown until two hours from now.  

I've wasted much of the day preparing for a deal that never went down.

Is all this stuff really meant to make us all fearful?. Get us to tow the line.

Nearfield setup-Matrix Element H USB>Curious Evolved>Yggy OG>Freya+>Mono Trys>Harbeth P3ESR 40th & Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X & Burson Soloist w/ Super Charger> Mr.Speakers Ether 2,& Technics 1500C, Arcromat> SoundSmith Carmen MkII > Zu Mission>Parks Puffin Toslink.. Blue Jeans interconnects, Pangea power cables, IsoAcoustics feet, Goldpoint SW2X

2 hours ago, SuperRu said:

Is all this stuff really meant to make us all fearful?. Get us to tow the line.

To get the governor/legislature to tow the line, i.e., so that they agree to indemnify and hold harmless PGE from all future (and perhaps also past) customer incineration and gas explosion events.

They learned strong-arm tactics from the Enron days.