IGNORED

Chord Hugo 2 upgrade - M Scaler or TT2?

If you were looking to upgrade your Chord Hugo 2 and could afford to buy an M Scaler or a Hugo TT2 but not both, which would you go for and why?

The TT2 option would work out somewhat cheaper, assuming I could sell the Hugo 2 for a decent price. But perhaps the Hugo 2/M Scaler combo sounds better?

I'd be very interested to hear from folks who are familiar with these products.

Thanks, Torq, that's very helpful.

I never use the Hugo 2 as a portable - I'm too scared of dropping it! In fact that's one reason I'm tempted by the TT2: it looks like a more robust and durable piece of equipment. I'd love to have a Dave, but I can't see myself getting one anytime soon. I have an Audio Aero Transtrac amplifier which is getting very long in the tooth, so that's probably the next thing I'll upgrade.

My headphones are Sennheiser HD800. I'm quite happy with the way they sound via the Hugo 2, but I imagine I'll notice a significant improvement with the M Scaler or the TT2. I guess I can't really lose either way.

Your system looks amazing, btw. May I ask what those amps are?

Thanks ... though that's how it looked when I was in the midst of doing the comparisons between the M-Scaler options and Hugo TT 2/Hugo 2.  In actual use, today, it looks like this (since the M-Scaler and Hugo TT 2 are now in the office):

1432996409_CurrentRig(1024).thumb.jpg.f0e5f71d1934213a54c6ffe869c635fa.jpg

The amps are Woo WA234 MKII MONOs (with a Chord Étude nestled under the Blu Mk2/DAVE to drive the SR1a).