Superdad

EtherREGEN: Short official news thread (locked for now)

Rate this topic

In the open EtherREGEN thread, someone asked the following question:

Will international shipping (charges) be automatic? We can just order and pay without making bespoke enquiries?

Since I answered it in full with other details about shipping and payment, it makes sense to duplicate my response here in this thread:

No "bespoke" inquiries necessary! :D

Overseas buyers are given a choice of 3 different shipping methods during checkout:

1) Insured International Priority Mail (that's U.S. Postal Service handing off to destination country customs office with final delivery made by your local post) -- $34; Typically 7~12 business days.

2) FedEx Express (FedEx has their own "custom cage" in many countries and either their own or a private-contract final delivery; Prior to delivery they will direct contact recipient for collection of local taxes and small brokerage fee.) -- $34; Typically 3~5 business days.

3) Express Mail International (EMS) -- $63; This is also postal service at both ends; Typically 5~8 business days.

No FedEx to Russia.

Canadians get just two choices: Priority Mail or FedEx -- $25 for either.  USA is generally via Priority Mail for $9, with other options presented as well.

All of the above rates are below our actual cost--sometimes by several dollars--especially with the  insurance we buy for every package (to our replacement cost only, not to full retail).

[Also, unlike some small audio firms I see, we do not add fees for use of credit card or PayPal. We absorb those.  Actually, we prefer--but do not require--that overseas people pay with a credit card as PayPal charges us 4.4% for international transactions--that's $30(!) we pay out of a $640+$34 shipping EtherREGEN sale.  Credit card is 2.9% fee, so at $20, that's a $10 savings to us.]

Regarding declaration for customs:

We are very experienced with international shipping and document requirements.  Every EtherREGEN shipped to outside the USA will have two copies of a commercial invoice declaring the item as a "Home use network switch" with HTS harmonized tariff code of 8517.18.

[We do not publicly discuss the customs value we declare. It is not full value. It is a fixed amount, so do not make special requests for crazy-low valuation. Nor can we declare any package as "gift" or "sample."]

October 8, 2019 -- 10:00 a.m. Pacific time

OMG!

That was fast.  All sold out in just one hour!

The first run sold out in 6 minutes, the entire second run sold out in the remainder of the hour. THANK YOU ALL!

Order #8999 will be the last order to receive an EtherREGEN from the second run.

Because of the pace of the first arriving orders, I completely missed changing the web page in time to tell folks they would be in the second batch.  Please give me some time to sort this out. 

Order #8912 is officially the last 1st-batch (November shipment) order.  I think I changed the page somewhere around #8936, so about two dozen people who thought they got into the first batch did not. December for them.

Now lots of work to build and deliver. :D