Superdad

EtherREGEN: Official news thread (locked for just UpTone posts)

Rate this topic

In the open EtherREGEN thread, someone asked the following question:

Will international shipping (charges) be automatic? We can just order and pay without making bespoke enquiries?

Since I answered it in full with other details about shipping and payment, it makes sense to duplicate my response here in this thread:

No "bespoke" inquiries necessary! :D

Overseas buyers are given a choice of 3 different shipping methods during checkout:

1) Insured International Priority Mail (that's U.S. Postal Service handing off to destination country customs office with final delivery made by your local post) -- $34; Typically 7~12 business days.

2) FedEx Express (FedEx has their own "custom cage" in many countries and either their own or a private-contract final delivery; Prior to delivery they will direct contact recipient for collection of local taxes and small brokerage fee.) -- $34; Typically 3~5 business days.

3) Express Mail International (EMS) -- $63; This is also postal service at both ends; Typically 5~8 business days.

No FedEx to Russia.

Canadians get just two choices: Priority Mail or FedEx -- $25 for either.  USA is generally via Priority Mail for $9, with other options presented as well.

All of the above rates are below our actual cost--sometimes by several dollars--especially with the  insurance we buy for every package (to our replacement cost only, not to full retail).

[Also, unlike some small audio firms I see, we do not add fees for use of credit card or PayPal. We absorb those.  Actually, we prefer--but do not require--that overseas people pay with a credit card as PayPal charges us 4.4% for international transactions--that's $30(!) we pay out of a $640+$34 shipping EtherREGEN sale.  Credit card is 2.9% fee, so at $20, that's a $10 savings to us.]

Regarding declaration for customs:

We are very experienced with international shipping and document requirements.  Every EtherREGEN shipped to outside the USA will have two copies of a commercial invoice declaring the item as a "Home use network switch" with HTS harmonized tariff code of 8517.18.

[We do not publicly discuss the customs value we declare. It is not full value. It is a fixed amount, so do not make special requests for crazy-low valuation. Nor can we declare any package as "gift" or "sample."]

October 8, 2019 -- 10:00 a.m. Pacific time

OMG!

That was fast.  All sold out in just one hour!

The first run sold out in 6 minutes, the entire second run sold out in the remainder of the hour. THANK YOU ALL!

Order #8999 will be the last order to receive an EtherREGEN from the second run.

Because of the pace of the first arriving orders, I completely missed changing the web page in time to tell folks they would be in the second batch.  Please give me some time to sort this out. 

Order #8912 is officially the last 1st-batch (November shipment) order.  I think I changed the page somewhere around #8936, so about two dozen people who thought they got into the first batch did not. December for them.

Now lots of work to build and deliver. :D

Tuesday, November 5th:

We are kitting and packing the first 90 units--shipping to dealers AfterDark.Audiostore/VortexBox UK, and Meta Wave this week.

P1090308.JPG.25ec57b99b0cca68fb818f52b5ad14ed.JPG

P1090309.JPG.7c811c8a1743a105d1afdf3adcdcfd0d.JPG

P1090307.JPG.ac50a35141213ba940c57a70d12f4337.JPG

Wednesday, November 6th:

First 90 units shipped to our dealers in Europe and Asia today.  165 pounds (75Kg)!  Took me all morning just to pack the cartons for FedEx. :S

IMG_3032.thumb.JPG.27a4a4cbf347a6f95c81ae17de1ade3f.JPG

Tomorrow we start kitting all the direct-user orders and next week will ship them all out. :D

Thursday, November 7th:

There was a nice pile of 35 EtherREGENs all boxed up, and with a little time left in the day I thought it would be fun to ship out some of the domestic units today--since Priority Mail will delivery most of these in two days, so this Saturday.  So we are shipping these more than a week ahead of the promised November 15th date! :D

Please do not send messages asking when your first batch unit will ship.  Just some of the lowest order number domestic Priority Mail units went today.  You can see another 120 units sitting in the back near the window.  These will get kitted up tomorrow and probably a few more will go then.  All the international units take time because of export paperwork and commercial invoices that have to be attached.  But every last first-batch unit (up to order #8913) will absolutely be shipped out by next week. You will receive a notice with tracking number.

Thanks for your patience and we hope you all enjoy your EtherREGENs!

1489136271_Firstdomestic35shipping.JPG.1da3b960dc81902e9d043596c080c8a2.JPG

An additional 58 EtherREGEN units shipped today.  Sorry, pretty much all USA again.

My assistant will be back in next Wednesday, November 13th. On Monday and Tuesday I'll prepare the customs documents, commercial invoices, and shipping labels for all the international orders. So all 65 remaining first-batch international orders (and the rest of the domestic ones) will ship on Wednesday.  That is still two days ahead of the originally promised November 15th date.

After these are gone we expect the cases and another 250 boards to arrive about the 20th. Then we can start working on those towards the promised December 12th ship date for the sold-out second run.

I must say, we are enjoying a bit of a "halo effect" this month as orders for ISO REGENs, UltraCap LPS-1.2s, and bundles of the two have really picked up again.  And the JS-2 continues o be in high demand--with another 6 going out just this week.  Hard to keep up! :D

Thanks everyone!

470760958_Oct.8thshipments.JPG.43e5618633ea6acb3f9025a355995e3a.JPG

Wednesday, November 13th:

Today we shipped all the first-batch EtherREGENs heading to users outside of the USA, as well as the last 15 domestic units. The staff at our local FedEx drop-off location were VERY surprised when we arrived with 45 packages!

FedEx is fast, so assuming no delays in customs, our overseas friends should be receiving their EtherREGENs be early next week.

Given that we are two days ahead of the originally promised November 15th ship date, I'd say this was a successful launch. 9_9 

Now we wait for the next 250 boards and cases to arrive so we can start the process all over again. For some reason, the December 12th promise date--for the second batch--seems more daunting than the November cycle. But I am sure it will work out.

P1090317.JPG.7d3157e57dcc8dfa9e22dc94fead3d83.JPG