mansr

Naxos Music Library (for free)

Rate this topic

It's probably not news, but I recently realised that the city library offers free access to the Naxos Music Library streaming service. That's great, maybe your library does too. The streams are 320 kbps AAC. Also fine. What I'm missing is a sane playback method. The web interface is inconvenient to operate from the sofa, and the Android app doesn't support DLNA or Chromecast. Anyone got a secret trick?

Try this:

https://github.com/masmu/pulseaudio-dlna

The above works well with Ubuntu / Mint. I believe there is a Windows equivalent.

Once installed, you will be able to choose the output:

dlna.thumb.jpg.9e32e0d15ecee320ae0b0e70fd52a7b8.jpg

There is also a Chrome extension that allows you to select the output from the browser:

https://rain-fighters.github.io/AudioPick/ 

I can get the desktop browser audio wherever I want. The problem is that my arms are shorter than the 4 metres or so required to reach the desktop computer from the listening spot.

Remote Desktop application?

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I must not be understanding. If you need something for control purposes, why wouldn't any reasonable VNC app work? Are you able to install any such thing on the desktop?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> router -> 2 Cisco switches connected by optical Ethernet -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 minutes ago, Jud said:

I must not be understanding. If you need something for control purposes, why wouldn't any reasonable VNC app work? Are you able to install any such thing on the desktop?

Accessing a large desktop over VNC on a tiny phone screen is no fun at all.

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Accessing a large desktop over VNC on a tiny phone screen is no fun at all.

Then use a nice tablet. ;) 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> router -> 2 Cisco switches connected by optical Ethernet -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, mansr said:

I can get the desktop browser audio wherever I want. The problem is that my arms are shorter than the 4 metres or so required to reach the desktop computer from the listening spot.

I can't help you with the short arms but you can always look at this:

https://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

https://repo.xposed.info/module/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp