IGNORED

Naxos Music Library (for free)

It's probably not news, but I recently realised that the city library offers free access to the Naxos Music Library streaming service. That's great, maybe your library does too. The streams are 320 kbps AAC. Also fine. What I'm missing is a sane playback method. The web interface is inconvenient to operate from the sofa, and the Android app doesn't support DLNA or Chromecast. Anyone got a secret trick?

Remote Desktop application?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I must not be understanding. If you need something for control purposes, why wouldn't any reasonable VNC app work? Are you able to install any such thing on the desktop?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 minutes ago, Jud said:

I must not be understanding. If you need something for control purposes, why wouldn't any reasonable VNC app work? Are you able to install any such thing on the desktop?

Accessing a large desktop over VNC on a tiny phone screen is no fun at all.

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Accessing a large desktop over VNC on a tiny phone screen is no fun at all.

Then use a nice tablet. ;) 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, mansr said:

I can get the desktop browser audio wherever I want. The problem is that my arms are shorter than the 4 metres or so required to reach the desktop computer from the listening spot.

I can't help you with the short arms but you can always look at this:

https://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

https://repo.xposed.info/module/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp

• 2 weeks later...