IGNORED

Article: The Value Proposition In Computer Audio: Front End Software

I use a dedicated i7 2.6 GHz with 16MB RAM MAC Mini with a 1 GB SSD run on 12VDC.  I then use a AudioByte Hydra also run on 5VDC to send a AES signal to my DAC.   It's extremely quiet and really quick.   I think my rips sound cleaner & more detailed than listening to my Qobuz files.   After using Qobuz for almost a year, it's not worth the price over rips.

I find Roon allows me to listen to my collection way more than my vinyl days.  I believe Roon is the finest music you can use to explore and listen to your collection, read liner notes like the vinyl days and get reviews of the performers recordings.

bluesman,

You are right...it's a ritual...mine started with finding the album you want, pull out the special liner I bought from Mobile Fidelity, ....putting the album on my record cleaner, wash it with alcohol/water solution...then closing the lid to vacuum off the solution....then put it on the table, cue it up to cut(s) I wanted to hear, lower the tonearm...race back to MLP....because of this ritual, I did not listen to music as often as I'd like.

With Roon, it's so easy to listen to anything I want in a split second!!...Mick Jagger one second and the Rippingtons the next....plus no tic and pops, no stylus to wear out or wear out the record, no possible feedback from the tonearm when you really crank it up...