IGNORED

Apple TV App

First let me describe my current system.  We are setting up a second home for winter living, Snow Birds.  

My Samsung TV, and Apple TV are connected to my Onkyo receiver.  I have a Mac Mini on my home network and the Apple TV sees each of the computers in the network.  The mini has my latest iTunes library. I am able to select the  am able to manage Apple TV as an input for the receiver.  This displays the mini's library including playlist, artist, albums and songs.  Controlling the Apple TV with the remote lets me select which items I want to hear.  I do not use any of the other options on the Apple TV

Now, I am shopping for the second house.  I was looking at  a new Samsung TV.  The BestBuy Geek Squad guy tells me that the generation 7 TVs have an Apple TV App.  He could not bring it up on the demo tv in the store.  He also suggested I use a sound bar instead of a receiver and set the TV up as the media manager.  Has anyone had any experience with the Apple TV app on a TV set?  Thanks for any feedback and info.