IGNORED

Allo Shanti Supercap Power Supply

I have 2 Shanti here in daily use, powering a USBBridge Signature in each of my 2 setups. I like them a lot and feel in that appication they compete with much more expensive commercial units and my over the top DIY efforts.

See my comments on using the unit in posts 222, 258, and 594 of this thread on DIYAudio.com:

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendor-s-bazaar/337859-shanti-dual-lps-5v-3a-5v-1-5a.html

I did compare them with some LPS-1.2 setups (LPS-1.2 singly and 2 paralleled via a dual-section MPAudio 3-paralleled LT3045 board) and found it was roughly equivalent in my opinion with some tradeoffs. AND definitely less expensive! 

To definitively beat the Shanti for powering DAC / digital interface cards and USBBridge Signature's, I have to use supplies that float-charge a pair of 325F Ultracaps as the final output buffer. These sound amazing, but are clearly expert-level supplies that have to be pre-charged before use and require a lot of care in use lest one blow up either the charging power supply or what is being powered. IF you have to have it explained to you, you really don't want to use them. They are THAT challenging!

The good thing is that the Shanti, with a 3.3F Ultracap pair as output buffers on each rail give you a good taste of what one can get with a 100x larger buffer! 

LOL... I agree with @nbpf on the form factor and captive cables, BUT I also don't expect much in and from a $160USD power supply with 2 outputs. In that context, I think the Shanti produces an amazing performance at the price, punches WAY above its weight class, and recognize that a more convenient form factor and better cables would have likely increased the cost and may have compromised performance. 

I also totally agree with @Tucker on vibration damping for the Shanti. See my comments in post 335 of the above thread and poster @chipsahoy in post 349.

Greg in Mississippi

Everything Matters!

2 systems... Well-Tempered Refs->ET-2.5->DIY or Lounge LCR MkII phono stages

Standalone digital Sony HAP Z1-ES or SDTrans384/Soekris DAM DAC

Networked digital Zotac PI320-W2 LMS Server -> EtherRegen -> USBBridge Sig -> Katana / Ian GB / Soerkis / Buffalo-IIIPro DACs

Passive S&B TX102 TVC or ladder attenuators -> BHK-250 -> Eminent Tech LFT-VIII / IV / VI

ALL gear modified / DIY'd; cables MIT;  all supplies DIY’d or LPS-1.2s w/HUGE Ultracaps; Audio gear on DIY AC filters + PS Aud P15s; misc gear on separate AC w/filters