IGNORED

suddenly dropouts on rs-195

anyone have any ideas why i suddenly get intermittent short-lived dropouts on my sort of old sennheiser rs-195s?

haven't changed the position of the transmitter/headphone rack did all stuff in the manual to correct it only thing new is my late 2012 mac mini has new WD 4TB SSD

never had this problem before and when i use my 598's get no sputters/dropouts

do the rechargeable batteries cause this after years of use?

for now using Meridian explorer 2 and Audioquest Red for DAC while awaiting new Schiit gungnir multibit and Raggy 2

listen to TIDAL/Qobuz alone and with A+3 and ROON happens on all these

just annoying but livable situation

thanks

• 1 month later...

@OliverS Hello finally someone bothered to answer(everybody must have been too busy testing use of toilet paper to elevate interconnects and cables)

seriously though i emailed sennheiser and got 2 very quick replies something about having a too crowded WiFi environment or maybe the batteries-will send you the jest of the response tomorrow on how to maybe solve the problem

@OliverS hi what sennheiser told me to do was to turn off your router/modem so the is no WiFi signal(he even suggested turning off your WiFi printer if you have one--i didn't do this). Then turn on your wireless headphones on for about 15 minutes( i was inpatient and didn't wait that long!) then turn your router/modem back to your WiFi. To my surprise even those 5-10 minutes that i did this the dropouts have almost ceased next time i will wait even longer.if this doesn't work another sennheiser response was that YES it could be the batteries esp if they >2years old and said to" replace them with new NiMH AAA(rechargeables) at between 600-900 milliamps but that most dropouts are caused by 2.4GHz interference".