IGNORED

two DACS at the same time...

porto

Hi all,

I have a DAP (the Cowon Plenue D2) which obviously has an integrated DAC inside. Now, due to the high impedance of my headphones (the Beyers DT 1990 Pro) I need an amp to run them properly.

I am currently looking to a solution from iFi – either the xcan (just amp) or the Xdsd (both amp and DAC). So my question is: What happens If I buy the Xdsd? Will both DACS (the cowon's and the xdsd) make a difference? Or will somehow interfere/damage something?

Thank you for your help

13 hours ago, jcbenten said:

I went and looked at the manual and it lists that the only outputs are the Line Out and the Balanced which means you can use an external amp (Line Out) but not sure if the USB will support digital transfer to a DAC.  Try hooking it up via USB to a home DAC or AVR and see if it will play.  Otherwise paying the $$ for the DAC will be a waste unless you have another use (phone, etc.  But if you hook up to a phone, you really do not need the Cowon).

Thank you so much for your help.

So,, what you ar saying is there is no need to pay the extra 100usd for the xdsd once I already have the DAP from the player - The Cowon right? In fact I heard the DAC form that DAP is actually really good.

What's your feedback with the xdsd? did it really "upgrade" your music experience hearing it hooked  with your sony DAP?

30 minutes ago, jcbenten said:

I bought the xDSD in a flurry of small, portable DAC/AMP purchases (see signature...xDSD not listed but it was the last purchase) primarily to play via my laptop when I was traveling for work.  The background noises were terrible (HVAC unit of the house I stayed in) but all the devices noticeably improved the sound.  Connecting to my ZX2 any improvements were much more subtle as it already sounds pretty good.   Maybe more black background.

The xDSD is now connected to my main system and it sounds pretty good...better than the Nuforce HDP I had previously.

If you like the sound of your Colon, get an amp with a line-in.  You need to test/determine if the USB port will do digital out to use a DAC/AMP.

Thank you!

I will go with the xcan. I am happy with thee Cowon. I just need power for the cans...and the bluetooh connection will be awsome for watching movies.

I will only be needing the 3.5mm connection.

Thank you for your feedbac