IGNORED

Innuos PhoenixUSB

FredM

Hello everyone,

I've just joined up and I'm following this thread with great interest as I will soon be placing an order for a Pheonix. Please keep the great info and chats coming as I find them of great help and they allow me to understand more fully of all the capabilities that may come my way with the Pheonix. 

I'm currently running a Zenith MK3 through a Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated Amp and a Topping D90 MQA DAC. Sound is fed through my Klipsch Forte III's. USB from the Zenith MK3 to the D90 MQA DAC is an Audioquest Coffee. 

Looking forward to chatting with you all. 

Cheers! 🍻

Amplifier: Feliks Envy (Performance Ed), Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated with Brimar CV4003, Singxer SA-1, Cayin C9 Portable Amp. DAC: Chord DAVE, Chord MScaler, LampizatOr Amber 3 DAP: Fiio M17, Fiio M11 Plus Ltd SS, DX 300 MAX SS, DX 300 MAX Ti, Cayin N6ii + A02 Line out + E02 Source: Silent Angel M1T, Forrester LPS, N8 Network Switch, InnuOs Zenith MK3, Pioneer PD-S904 Analogue: Rega Planar 2 > Rega Fono MM MK3, Pioneer CT-W806DR,

Cables: Wave Storm Reference, Phasure Lush ^2, AQ Coffee, AQ Ruby, Cable Talk 2, QED Silver Anniversary Speakers: Klipsch Forte III.

59 minutes ago, ConcreteCow said:

Hello everyone,

I've just joined up and I'm following this thread with great interest as I will soon be placing an order for a Pheonix. Please keep the great info and chats coming as I find them of great help and they allow me to understand more fully of all the capabilities that may come my way with the Pheonix. 

I'm currently running a Zenith MK3 through a Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated Amp and a Topping D90 MQA DAC. Sound is fed through my Klipsch Forte III's. USB from the Zenith MK3 to the D90 MQA DAC is an Audioquest Coffee. 

Looking forward to chatting with you all. 

Cheers! 🍻

Nice system ConcreteCow , I think your going to like the jump in performance your about to hear .

That's fab Alan! Thank you for sharing that useful comparison and outcome.

I'm now emailing Sablon for availability and price for the 2020 USB in preparation of my Phoenix order.

I've got an Audioquest Coffee USB going from my Zenith MK3 to the D90 MQA DAC.

If I kept it and used the Sablon 2020 to go from the Phoenix to the D90 MQA DAC do you think it would be OK? Or used the other way around?

Cheers!🍻

Amplifier: Feliks Envy (Performance Ed), Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated with Brimar CV4003, Singxer SA-1, Cayin C9 Portable Amp. DAC: Chord DAVE, Chord MScaler, LampizatOr Amber 3 DAP: Fiio M17, Fiio M11 Plus Ltd SS, DX 300 MAX SS, DX 300 MAX Ti, Cayin N6ii + A02 Line out + E02 Source: Silent Angel M1T, Forrester LPS, N8 Network Switch, InnuOs Zenith MK3, Pioneer PD-S904 Analogue: Rega Planar 2 > Rega Fono MM MK3, Pioneer CT-W806DR,

Cables: Wave Storm Reference, Phasure Lush ^2, AQ Coffee, AQ Ruby, Cable Talk 2, QED Silver Anniversary Speakers: Klipsch Forte III.

2 hours ago, ConcreteCow said:

I've got an Audioquest Coffee USB going from my Zenith MK3 to the D90 MQA DAC.

If I kept it and used the Sablon 2020 to go from the Phoenix to the D90 MQA DAC do you think it would be OK? Or used the other way around?

Cheers!🍻

My dealer suggested best USB after the Phoenix but with the caveat that the USB cable into it still has an impact.  But best to use you ears.  Let us know what you think.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Hi @ConcreteCow,

I'd agree with Kenny. Think you need to try each combo and see what you like more.

Never heard the Coffee myself but it has a good reputation. That said many people are describing the Sablon 2020 as a giant killer.

FWIW I also have a Lush on hand and plan on trying it with the Sablon 2020 to see if I can get a best of both worlds blend of the 2020s open, details and the Lush's texture and musicality.

Be interested to hear how you get on.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

3 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Hi @ConcreteCow,

I'd agree with Kenny. Think you need to try each combo and see what you like more.

Never heard the Coffee myself but it has a good reputation. That said many people are describing the Sablon 2020 as a giant killer.

FWIW I also have a Lush on hand and plan on trying it with the Sablon 2020 to see if I can get a best of both worlds blend of the 2020s open, details and the Lush's texture and musicality.

Be interested to hear how you get on.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi,

Thanks for all your info.

Looking forward to giving this Sablon 2020 a go...... But that Lush USB! It's apparently a 'tuneable' USB! Wow! Going to give this one a thorough read up! 😁

35 minutes ago, ConcreteCow said:

But that Lush USB! It's apparently a 'tuneable' USB!

Yeah, the Lush^2 is a real brain scrambler in terms of the differences a cable can make, and the differences the SAME cable can make 🙃

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

Still reading about it and trying to understand if it's the 'way to go'.

4 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Yeah, the Lush^2 is a real brain scrambler in terms of the differences a cable can make, and the differences the SAME cable can make 🙃

Please let us know of the Lush ^2 with the Phoenix. This will be of great interest.

Narrowing my USB choices down to:

Sablon 2020 - seems to be the 'end game' at the moment

Curious Evolved - new version that is getting a great following

Final Touch Audio Callisto - the USB lurking in the background of 'greats'

Wireworld Platinum  Starlight 7 - a firm favourite with many

Phasure Audio Lush 2 - good reviews offering something different and 'tuneable'

A good selection that gives me a headache to decide 'which one'!!!

43 minutes ago, ConcreteCow said:

Narrowing my USB choices down to:

Sablon 2020 - seems to be the 'end game' at the moment

Curious Evolved - new version that is getting a great following

Final Touch Audio Callisto - the USB lurking in the background of 'greats'

Wireworld Platinum  Starlight 7 - a firm favourite with many

Phasure Audio Lush 2 - good reviews offering something different and 'tuneable'

A good selection that gives me a headache to decide 'which one'!!!

The Shunyata Sigma is the best USB cable I've heard.  Pricey but it's really in another league compared to cables like the Lush 2 and Starlight 7.

The Lush 2 is a great value at that price.  I thought it was pretty much equal to a Shunyata Alpha that I used to own.  The friend who owned the Lush 2 agreed.  He and I both switched to the Sigma after we heard it.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

6 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

The Lush 2 is a great value at that price.  I thought it was pretty much equal to a Shunyata Alpha that I used to own.  The friend who owned the Lush 2 agreed.

I tend to agree. If you are seeing the Sablon as 'endgame' the go for the much more reasonably priced Lush 2. Many people have raved about it, And see if you can pick up a Sablon on the preowned market down the line.

14 hours ago, ConcreteCow said:

Please let us know of the Lush ^2 with the Phoenix. This will be of great interest.

I can post my thoughts when I get around to trying it but unlikely to be before this weekend. Also mine would be a comparison to the Sablon.

@FrankMA aren't you using the Lush 2 with your Phoenix? Any observations on how they pair?

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan

I love the Lush 2's paired with the Phoenix. I am really averse to thin or overly bright sounding systems and in this regard the Phasure's fit the bill in my system. In this regard they remind me of AQ cables: Full, musical, balanced. 

Add in the tuning capabilities of the Lush 2 and I think it's a winner

Not to say there aren't other great cables out there but I think at this price point the Lush's would be hard to beat

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

Thanks Frank,

Yeah I know you and I have discussed the Lush^2 in the past and we're both big fans of Peter's (Phasure's) work.

Cheers,

Alan

Lush 2 it is then.

I will read the lengthy thread again to make sure I understand the cable and it's settings. Also noting the Wire settings based on what users hear. This will hopefully give me a 'leg up' when I start to use it. From thereon I can begin to fine tune it in to my system.

I'll use my AQ Coffee from the Zenith to the Phoenix and then the Lush 2 to the D90 MQA DAC to begin with.

Thanks all.... I will keep you posted on what happens soon.

1 hour ago, FrankMA said:

Hi Alan

I love the Lush 2's paired with the Phoenix. I am really averse to thin or overly bright sounding systems and in this regard the Phasure's fit the bill in my system. In this regard they remind me of AQ cables: Full, musical, balanced. 

Add in the tuning capabilities of the Lush 2 and I think it's a winner

Not to say there aren't other great cables out there but I think at this price point the Lush's would be hard to beat

Hi FrankMA,

May I ask what Jumper/Pin settings you went with on your Lush 2's?

Many thanks.

Hi ConcreteCow,

We've gone a bit off-topic on this thread as supposed to be about the Phoenix but last few posts all around USB cables.

This question probably belongs on this thread:

Meantime I'll PM you my Lush^2 config as I have photos to hand as shared recently.

Thanks,

Alan

Got my Phoenix today. And it clearly adds some magic. I got the same feeling as when I added the MScaler to the DAVE. Difficult to describe the sound. Maybe my recordings sound more "binaural". I am diving deeper into the music. Everything opens up a lot more. Out of the box without any burn in. Working fine with my two Lush^2.

Edgerouter > Sablon > Ether Regen> Sablon > Zenith 2 SE > Lush^2 > Phoenix > Lush^2 > MScaler > Sablon BNC > DAVE > Verite, Hifiman 1000SE, Omega Alnico