FredM

Innuos PhoenixUSB

@ken6217 have you had a look inside to see what OCXO clock they are using? 

I have PF Ultra usb card power with Sean Jacobs rail. I do wonder how they would  compare. 

or two of them in a chain, would sq improve.... never ending this stuff! 

On 4/4/2020 at 1:04 PM, Blackmorec said:

They obviously never heard a DC3. It literally transforms their product, making a far bigger difference than adding the AQVox SE in the first place. In fact I first bought a DC2 because of that silly message from AQVox. Once run in, the difference it made was so profound I traded it straight back against a DC3 with Mundorf caps.  

What is the cost of a DC3 and how /where can one source It?

>EtherRegen>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos Zenith MKII SE>Mojo Audio Mystique Evo DAC> Wireworld platinum 8 balanced interconnect>Aesthetic Mimas> Audience SX speaker cables>Magnapan 1.7‘Transparent Audio ethernet cable

I ordered one from Sean a couple of weeks ago and will be shipping this week. It was about $1300 or so with the conversion rate for one output. 

He seems like a great guy and he gets back to you almost immediately with any questions. 

Looking forward to trying the Phoenix with my MK2 Zenith and Active KEF LS50 speaker's.

Should hopefully have one for home demo in a couple of weeks.

Yes the Phoenix costs more than the KEF's, but if the improvements are worth it, I'll gladly take it!

Innuos Zenith MK2, Innuos Phoenix USB re-clocker, KEF LS50 active speakers

I'm a bit surprised that the Phoenix isn't getting more attention. Wondering if @austinpop terrific and detailed (as ever Rajiv) review will kickstart more of a conversation around it.

When I think about how much enthusiastic chat there was around the ISO Regen and the TX-USBUltra, I expected to see a lot more around the Phoenix. Yeah the price is high but not that high once you factor in PSUs, clocking etc.

Are we bored with USB Reclocking? Or anyone got any experience to share with the Phoenix?

Cheers,

Alan

PS Rajivs review is here if anyone missed it:

EtherRegen > Innuos Zenith SE server > Innuos Phoenix > PS Audio Directstream DAC > Hegel P20 Pre > PS Audio M700 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

1 hour ago, BigAlMc said:

Are we bored with USB Reclocking?

Yes, I am.

Matt

2 hours ago, matthias said:

Yes, I am.

Matt

Boring talking or bored trialling usb reclockers?

6 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

Boring talking

This one, I simply dislike reclockers.

Matt

1 minute ago, matthias said:

Matt

That’s a pretty strange comment. What don’t you like about reclockers?? The fact that they correct the signal?

Just now, ken6217 said:

That’s a pretty strange comment. What don’t you like about reclockers?? The fact that they correct the signal?

I am a "Source First" believer, so IMO when you do the USB host part right, you do not need them.

But as always YMMV.

Matt

6 minutes ago, matthias said:

Matt

Mixed signals matey. You know, given the title of this thread 😉

EtherRegen > Innuos Zenith SE server > Innuos Phoenix > PS Audio Directstream DAC > Hegel P20 Pre > PS Audio M700 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

32 minutes ago, matthias said:

I am a "Source First" believer, so IMO when you do the USB host part right, you do not need them.

But as always YMMV.

Matt

I don’t make up my mind until I demo something first. The last person that I’m gonna believe is the manufacture saying that their product does USB right, or sounds neutral, etc. etc..  

14 minutes ago, ken6217 said:

I don’t make up my mind until I demo something first. The last person that I’m gonna believe is the manufacture saying that their product does USB right, or sounds neutral, etc. etc..  

So I am sure you do not believe that Phoenix does not improve the USB output of Innuos Statement.

Matt

3 minutes ago, matthias said:

So I am sure you do not believe that Phoenix does not improve the USB output of Innuos Statement.

Matt

On the Statement? It doesn’t . Statement has practically a PhoenixUSB built in. Plus other stuff.

49E47E2A-6F5B-411D-BADC-E74473AC05C6.jpeg

2 minutes ago, thyname said:

On the Statement? It doesn’t . Statement has practically a PhoenixUSB built in. Plus other stuff.

21DB9926-74AA-47FB-A2FE-BF527374B04D.jpeg

But when two switches in series sound better than one, then maybe two reclockers as well.

Matt

5 minutes ago, matthias said:

But when two switches in series sound better than one, then maybe two reclockers as well.

Matt

I doubt it. And I am not willing to try. If you are curious, you can certainly try for yourself 

11 minutes ago, matthias said:

Matt

I have no idea. I don’t have the Statement or have ever heard it. 

I can tell you that I had the Zenith Mk3 and sold it because I didn’t care for the sound. Nice soundstage but too dry sounding. I didn’t have the Phoenix at the same time though. 

Just now, thyname said:

I doubt it. And I am not willing to try. If you are curious, you can certainly try for yourself 

No interests.

AFAIK, the Taiko Extreme uses the USB output from the ASM3142 chipset of its motherboard without reclocker.

Matt

3 minutes ago, ken6217 said:

I have no idea. I don’t have the Statement or have ever heard it. 

I can tell you that I had the Zenith Mk3 and sold it because I didn’t care for the sound. Nice soundstage but too dry sounding. I didn’t have the Phoenix at the same time though. 

I can not imagine that the Phoenix can cure this.

Matt

14 minutes ago, matthias said:

No interests.

AFAIK, the Taiko Extreme uses the USB output from the ASM3142 chipset of its motherboard without reclocker.

Matt

I do wonder if a reclocker would improve the Extreme’s SQ, even the extreme can be improved! 

You don't get it, or the whole premise.. One thing has nothing to do with another. The sound signature of a streamer has thing to do with the USB implementation. I'd venture to guess that the software that a manufacturer uses in their streamer has more to do with the sound Ghan the hardware.