IGNORED

Innuos PhoenixUSB

FredM

Just now, ken6217 said:

That’s a pretty strange comment. What don’t you like about reclockers?? The fact that they correct the signal?

I am a "Source First" believer, so IMO when you do the USB host part right, you do not need them.

But as always YMMV.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

14 minutes ago, ken6217 said:

I don’t make up my mind until I demo something first. The last person that I’m gonna believe is the manufacture saying that their product does USB right, or sounds neutral, etc. etc..  

So I am sure you do not believe that Phoenix does not improve the USB output of Innuos Statement.

Matt

2 minutes ago, thyname said:

On the Statement? It doesn’t . Statement has practically a PhoenixUSB built in. Plus other stuff.

21DB9926-74AA-47FB-A2FE-BF527374B04D.jpeg

But when two switches in series sound better than one, then maybe two reclockers as well.

Matt

Just now, thyname said:

I doubt it. And I am not willing to try. If you are curious, you can certainly try for yourself 

No interests.

AFAIK, the Taiko Extreme uses the USB output from the ASM3142 chipset of its motherboard without reclocker.

Matt

3 minutes ago, ken6217 said:

I have no idea. I don’t have the Statement or have ever heard it. 

I can tell you that I had the Zenith Mk3 and sold it because I didn’t care for the sound. Nice soundstage but too dry sounding. I didn’t have the Phoenix at the same time though. 

I can not imagine that the Phoenix can cure this.

Matt

5 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

I do wonder if a reclocker would improve the Extreme’s SQ, even the extreme can be improved! 

I am absolutely sure that Emile tried all variants.

Matt

14 minutes ago, ken6217 said:

You don't get it, or the whole premise.. One thing has nothing to do with another. The sound signature of a streamer has thing to do with the USB implementation. I'd venture to guess that the software that a manufacturer uses in their streamer has more to do with the sound Ghan the hardware. 

In my experience the sound signature of the Statement is not very different to the lower Innous models, certainly better in some aspects.

Matt 

35 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

So Emile has tried the whole phone book? So no further R&D development required. Doors closed then on extreme 2! Come on, I know Emile is a genius but he’s not god! 

I suspect he left out OCXO clocks & other mods due to costs. When you already have amazing sounding machine which is streaks above the rest why risk adding further costs to an already expensive product. 

answer? You don’t, you leaves them out! 

Certainly the Extreme can be improved in due time by Emile.

At the moment I do not see any competitors which would be able to surpass it.

@romaz purchased one because it is superior than his own best builds so far and @Nenon is building a computer with some of the same components (hardware and software) as in the Extreme.

Matt

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

@matthias Was looking back at this, I’m interested if your thoughts have changed? Since the news of Emile will be releasing a USB card? 

The fact Emile is releasing a USB card indicates the Extreme hist USB is not perfect & will benefit from usb card pci card. 

I am completely fine with that, Emile does with this card the USB host part right, so an additional USB reclocker is not necessary.

I hope the Extreme will sound even better with this card.

Matt