Hello,

I would like to know who else has ATC speakers.
It would be great to share setups and experiences.

My current setup:
Lindemann Musicbook 20 DSD > ATC EL 150A

I may upgrade my DAC, right now looking for something new and exciting.
Current considerations include Denafrips Terminator, dCS Bartok, Mola Mola Tambaqui and Linnenberg Satie.

Thanks and happy listening.
Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

• 1 year later...
On 8/16/2020 at 2:08 PM, biosailor said:

I see you people all have ATC actives, though the thread doesn’t seem to restrict it to actives (at least I think).

I have ATC SCM19s v1 since about two years. Before them, I had the SCM11s and I didn‘t like them so much, so I sold them. I presume the amp wasn‘t a good match. I am driving my current SCM19s with a Devialet Expert 120. Very nice and dynamic sound with the present combo. I am using a SonicTransport i5 in combination with Roon.

I should say that it took me a long time to figure out the optimal speaker position in my rather difficult living room. It‘s a rather small room (approximately 5 to 3.5 metres), it has a glass front on one side, a piano on the opposite side, and leather furniture. On top of that, I had to position the speakers along side the long wall. So all in all, rather suboptimal. Nevertheless, I played around quite extensively with the speaker positioning till I got them where they sound really good. One thing I need to do is to shorten my stands a bit as the acoustical centre is still not well aligned with my listening position.

I truly like the speakers, so much that I might just as well replace them with the curren version of the SCM 19s. ATC makes some great speakers!!!

Generally, most ATC users prefer actives as I do. But there are lots of users with passive ATCs, especially the smaller models.

On 11/29/2020 at 3:18 PM, matthias said:

Passive mode with a superior amp outperforms usually active mode with inferior amps 😀

Matt

Active vs passive is a completely different discussion topic.

Generally speaking and in my own experience active ATCs perform better and not surprisingly as the amps and drivers are better matched and optimised.
But there are a lots of happy passive ATC users with Bryston, Naim and other amps. ATC also provide separate amps to go with their passive speakers.

Stay safe and happy listening.