IGNORED

Lumin D2 or Auralic Altair...?

CFCBoy

Hi All,

Looking for advice from owners out there that have auditioned these two DAC/Streamers and looking for some guidance as I am torn between the two which I am looking to purchase on the used market.

I hear great things about the Lumin D2 but the Auralic Altair, has a few extra features such as DSD256, wireless connectivity as well as the ability to be used as a DAC from a computer. I feel like these additional features probably make the Auralic the more versatile but I loved what I saw from the Lumin app and if the Lumin is better in sound quality (Wolfson dual DACs vs Sabre ESS) , then I would be up for sacrificing the extra features.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to peoples experiences and advice on which one I should go with!

Cheers,
Vin.

• 1 year later...
On 9/28/2019 at 2:59 PM, CFCBoy said:

Hi All,

Looking for advice from owners out there that have auditioned these two DAC/Streamers and looking for some guidance as I am torn between the two which I am looking to purchase on the used market.

I hear great things about the Lumin D2 but the Auralic Altair, has a few extra features such as DSD256, wireless connectivity as well as the ability to be used as a DAC from a computer. I feel like these additional features probably make the Auralic the more versatile but I loved what I saw from the Lumin app and if the Lumin is better in sound quality (Wolfson dual DACs vs Sabre ESS) , then I would be up for sacrificing the extra features.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to peoples experiences and advice on which one I should go with!

Cheers,
Vin.

Hello,

anyone compare this two DACs?

regards,
Simon

• 3 weeks later...