Henry53

Micro Rendu Fails to function

Rate this topic

I think a better manual would help in working out which are the right buttons.  If I turn on my computer Audirvana always finds my Naim Uniti and always plays, I don't need to press any buttons, its not hard, people have done it?

I have had the microrendu for some months, works fine then just ceases to function, nothing has been changed but some new error occurs. It would be nice if the "manual" helped but it doesn't. I bought this and Audirvana because they both say 'works with Audirvana'. The problems never occur when I use Audirvana to stream to my Naim Unitilite. Recognised every time, plays every time. Issues are just too many to list but with no rhyme or reason why they occur. I really love what it does when it does it. But failings and dropouts occur every other day. Microrendu do not seem to want to get involved and Audirvana actually respond with rubbish. If they work together why can't they provide a set up page that shows HOW?

Well, first you're trying to use UPnP right? I don't know much about that and I have seen many comments over the years that it isn't always the most stable route to go for network play.

If you want to give it a try, give Roon a trial and see how that works via your Microrendu. Worst case you either stick with Audirvana and the Naim or you keep Roon and it works flawlessly with the Rendu OR Naim Uniti...

No electron left behind...

The Naim is in my second system.  I bought the Microrendu for my main system and it is there that the problem lies. Not really sure why Roon will work any better than Audirvana and UPNP works fine with the Naim the Naim however has direct link to Tidal so I don't need to use UPNP but it does work flawlessly when I do connect via UPNP. The MR is seemingly very temperamental but sounds really great when working.  Roon is also extremely expensive and, to my ears, offers no sound improvement.

Because ROON uses its own protocol that works flawlessly...

But hey, don't listen to any advice from someone that actually uses this stuff too...

If you can't figure out how to return the device, I think I found the problem as well.

No electron left behind...

Hey some people tell me that MR works flawlessly for them with Audirvana, however pages are fairly full of people with complaints. I think the Roon annual fee is rather rich. I may try Amazon with using Audirvana. Could be more stable?

5 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Maybe we should try to solve the problem then so you can get it to work flawlessly as well...

Hows that for an idea?

What a patronizing attitude!  I don't have a rendu or use Audirvana or Roon,  but if you look at the Roon website forum there are plenty of people having problems.  It doesn't "work flawlessly" for some people.

Jim

Hey I seem to have started a bar fight. The products mentioned appear to have well documented issues, It's no good blaming the users, products put on the market should work.  I have a Naim streamer, it works,, I had a Marantz streamer it didn't, Poor upgrade poor support. These are just my experience.