IGNORED

Best External CD/DVD Drive for Mac and Ripping

mwheelerk

I have been using the Apple Super Drive for years seemingly without problem.  Occasionally I see reports for best drives fro ripping (I think from dBpoweramp) and most of those are internal drives.  I'm wondering what other use for their Mac computers for ripping that you consider better than the Apple Super Drive?

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
On 9/26/2019 at 7:54 PM, mwheelerk said:

I have been using the Apple Super Drive for years seemingly without problem.  Occasionally I see reports for best drives fro ripping (I think from dBpoweramp) and most of those are internal drives.  I'm wondering what other use for their Mac computers for ripping that you consider better than the Apple Super Drive?

I have two. One is a Samsung model of the type that they used to put in laptops . You press the eject button and the entire unit slides out of the case. It was only about US$20. The other is a Pioneer Blu-Ray R/W drive. I paid ~US$100 for it. Both are USB 2.0. The Blu-Ray drive is a scosch faster, MAYBE, but it’s hard to tell. I will say this, one does not need an expensive drive for ripping. If your Apple SuperDrive is still working, then it’s fine. Keep it.

George