Mauka

Repurpose Mac Mini or use a streaming box?

Thanks for starting this post.  Audio Doctor, my music library is on my Mac Mini,  I use my Apple TV to select my iTunes music to play on my receiver.  Sounds like you are doing  it directly to the receiver.  How do you see/select files ?

I will have to explore this Roon server.  Using my Apple TV, I can display album art work and song information.  I am able to select among my playlist.  Does Roon do similar things?

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Yes. Roon is pretty neat. There is a free trial to give it a whirl. I don’t know of a way to display album artwork on your tv though. But you can control the Roon server with an iDevice or a laptop running either windows or Mac OS. 

Thanks, that is one of the benefits with using the Apple TV and mini on my receiver, I guess. I enjoy seeing album artwork, especially when listening to a playlist.  I can turn off the tv when not needed.

We are setting up a winter home.  One of our children works for Sonos and convinced me that receivers are old school.  I will see.  I will also look to see if Roon works in this new century lol?

On Saturday, I begin my 75th year.  So Yes I am old school.  But family knows I like my jazz in the evening, so I am hoping for Sonos speakers Saturday.