IGNORED

Play Spotify on Peachtree Audio Nova 150

Hi all

I have a Peachtree Audio Nova 150, which is connected to a large collection of flac files on a NAS via a streamer (sotm sms200). Now sometimes I prefer the ease of Spotify, I know many of you might not like it, but Tidal just is too expensive for me at this point. So I am looking for the best way to play Spotify through my Peachtree, meaning with the highest audio quality. I have thought of 2 options so far:

1) Play Spotify on the Samsung smart tv app, with my Smart TV being connected to the peachtree via an optical cable

2) Play Spotify on my iPad which I connect to the Peachtree using the USB-A port with Dy-NEC

I prefer using option 1, as option 2 restricts me from using my iPad in a flexible way, as it is connected to the peachtree all the time, but if option 2 will give better sound quality, I might use this option when I don't need to be working on the iPad

Thanks for any advice

Niels

Hi Niels

You have further options via the SOtM sMS-200 streamer:

- Use the sMS-200's Shairport service, which will allow you to network stream the audio produced by the Spotify app from your iPad via AirPlay and therefore avoid connecting the iPad to your audio devices by cable;

- Use the sMS-200's LibreSpot service, which will allow you to network stream Spotify's audio file tracks directly from Spotify's online server via Spotify Connect (Spotify's own streaming technology).

Requires you use a Spotify Premium account;

- Use the sMS-200's Squeezelite service, which will allow the Logitech Media Server (normally used by Squeezebox type streamers like Squeezelite as their media server) to network stream Spotify's audio file tracks directly from Spotify's online server via Spotify Connect.

Requires you use a Spotify Premium account and install the Spotty third party LMS plugin.

Assumes you are already using LMS (eg providing the sMS-200 with your NAS's FLAC files) - otherwise LMS will need to be installed on a networked device (eg computer, NAS, etc) or you can use the sMS-200's internal LMS.

BTW, what service on the sMS-200 are you currently using to stream the FLAC files from your NAS?

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox