Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Computer Audiophile

Article: Ed Meitner Discusses DS Audio, Optical Phono Pre, One Bit, MQA, and More

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Good interview Chris.

And what a great character and awesome guy Ed Meitner is. I really like to hear the greats in audio design talk about there philosophy, history and design.


Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers with scan speak illuminator drivers.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus

Clock modded FS105 v3, Clock modded Isoregen, Lush^2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, barrows said:

Wow, thanks for this Chris and Mr. Meitner.  This is fantastic stuff here.

 

2 hours ago, RickyV said:

Good interview Chris.

And what a great character and awesome guy Ed Meitner is. I really like to hear the greats in audio design talk about there philosophy, history and design.

 

Thank you very much. Should you have any more questions please don't hesitate to contact us directly. We hope that there will be a 'Part 2' based on their dinner conversations later that evening... Let's make it happen Chris!

EMM RMAF35.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Archimago said:

Nice Chris.

 

Love Meitner's frank commentary on (lack of) jitter these days, use of switching power supplies, MQA being a "marketing decision", USB interface, "crucial"ness of measurements... No surprise to many of us!

 

What an audio geek :-). Should have visited EMM Labs back in the day when I used to live in Calgary!

 

 

We have an open door policy should you ever find yourself back in Calgary... just let us know! 

Thanks for your nice comments :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EMM Labs said:

 

 

Thank you very much. Should you have any more questions please don't hesitate to contact us directly. We hope that there will be a 'Part 2' based on their dinner conversations later that evening... Let's make it happen Chris!

EMM RMAF35.jpg

 

Wow mind blown over here. Mr. Meitner are there any plans to updates the ma1 dac, v3? Maybe a new output stage or new sw for the fpga?


Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers with scan speak illuminator drivers.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus

Clock modded FS105 v3, Clock modded Isoregen, Lush^2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, EMM Labs said:

 

We have an open door policy should you ever find yourself back in Calgary... just let us know! 

Thanks for your nice comments :)

 

I'm driving down to Calgary today as a matter of fact to visit my parents, but sadly, no time to pop in for a visit. Maybe next time I'm down I might stop by!


CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Hifiman HE-1000/Audeze LCD-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EdmontonCanuck said:

 

I'm driving down to Calgary today as a matter of fact to visit my parents, but sadly, no time to pop in for a visit. Maybe next time I'm down I might stop by!

 

We will wait for your return 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eager to watch, though it'll have to wait until this evening. Calgary and Vancouver are two of my favorite places on Earth. Great memories of skiing at Lake Louise, hiking around Moraine Lake, having a beer or two at the Stampede and Banff Springs Hotel....


One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> router -> 2 Cisco switches connected by optical Ethernet -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...