IGNORED

SOtM sNH-10G Network Switches x2

I came across the following thread

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/sotm-snh-10g-network-switches-x2-the-new-king-of-usb-network-gadget-setup.27758/page-8

that talks about the benefits of using two SOtM sNH-10G Network Switches. Could someone explain how adding a second switch can improve SQ? Many thanks in advance

Custom built silent Media PC, Synology DS415+ NAS -> SoTM sms200Ultra/sps500  -> TAD DA1000 DAC/preamp and Bryston 4BSST2 power amp -> Harbeth SHL5 speakers and Velodyne DD10+ subwoofers. PowerQuest Carbon USB cable, Chord Company Chorus interconnects, Chord Company Signature speaker leads, Clearer Audio Silver-Line power leads

23 hours ago, debt_collector said:

I came across the following thread

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/sotm-snh-10g-network-switches-x2-the-new-king-of-usb-network-gadget-setup.27758/page-8

that talks about the benefits of using two SOtM sNH-10G Network Switches. Could someone explain how adding a second switch can improve SQ? Many thanks in advance

Hi,

I think for starters, don't look at them as your average ethernet switch but as a re-clocker and you will understand why they are so good  even when utilised in singular form, guess when you double the dosage, its double the fun. Why don't you hear it for yourself and come to a conclusion or decision. Trust your ears.

I am using one and its just been given the Spinach (Popeye) (upgraded), and I tell u its all over Brutus now. LOL. Hope it helps buddy.

6 hours ago, Abyss Man said:

Hi,

I think for starters, don't look at them as your average ethernet switch but as a re-clocker and you will understand why they are so good  even when utilised in singular form, guess when you double the dosage, its double the fun. Why don't you hear it for yourself and come to a conclusion or decision. Trust your ears.

I am using one and its just been given the Spinach (Popeye) (upgraded), and I tell u its all over Brutus now. LOL. Hope it helps buddy.

Thanks AM. I am familiar with what the sotm switch does and I plan to listen as you sensibly suggested to come to my own conclusions.

Could you explain how to hook the two switches up to get double the fun?  And ,just out of curiosity, what clock do you use?

Custom built silent Media PC, Synology DS415+ NAS -> SoTM sms200Ultra/sps500  -> TAD DA1000 DAC/preamp and Bryston 4BSST2 power amp -> Harbeth SHL5 speakers and Velodyne DD10+ subwoofers. PowerQuest Carbon USB cable, Chord Company Chorus interconnects, Chord Company Signature speaker leads, Clearer Audio Silver-Line power leads

6 hours ago, debt_collector said:

Thanks AM. I am familiar with what the sotm switch does and I plan to listen as you sensibly suggested to come to my own conclusions.

Could you explain how to hook the two switches up to get double the fun?  And ,just out of curiosity, what clock do you use?

Hi DB,

I am waiting on my soTm master clock which I got at a very good price. As for the connection, I think it should be in series. U might want to search here or send May from soTm a mail, she is extremely helpful. Good luck and happy listening.

On another note, the soTm dcbl Cat-7 with the isolator is very good as well. In fact my entire digital chain is soTm, I'm using 4 x dcbl-Cat 7 with 2 isolators. My streamer is the innous Zenith which is hooked up to the Trifecta. The sMS-200 ultra neo is there cause I like the weight it gives, but you will be just fine going from the Zenith to the DAC with the signal passing thru the tx-usb ultra using USB. 

8 hours ago, Abyss Man said:

Hi DB,

I am waiting on my soTm master clock which I got at a very good price. As for the connection, I think it should be in series. U might want to search here or send May from soTm a mail, she is extremely helpful. Good luck and happy listening.

On another note, the soTm dcbl Cat-7 with the isolator is very good as well. In fact my entire digital chain is soTm, I'm using 4 x dcbl-Cat 7 with 2 isolators. My streamer is the innous Zenith which is hooked up to the Trifecta. The sMS-200 ultra neo is there cause I like the weight it gives, but you will be just fine going from the Zenith to the DAC with the signal passing thru the tx-usb ultra using USB. 

Many thanks AM.

That's exciting! did you get your master clock new or second hand?

My DAC or sms200 ultra don't have a clock input so I'm wondering whether getting a master clock with the switch would give me any benefits?

In relation to the CAT7 cable with isolators, what improvements have you noticed due to using them? Sorry for the newbie question but are the other devices you're using have isolated cat ports and if they do, what's the benefit of having isolators on the CAT cables?

On 9/24/2019 at 5:25 PM, debt_collector said:

Many thanks AM.

That's exciting! did you get your master clock new or second hand?

My DAC or sms200 ultra don't have a clock input so I'm wondering whether getting a master clock with the switch would give me any benefits?

In relation to the CAT7 cable with isolators, what improvements have you noticed due to using them? Sorry for the newbie question but are the other devices you're using have isolated cat ports and if they do, what's the benefit of having isolators on the CAT cables?

Hi DB,

Got it 2nd hand here.

I'm sorry I cannot tell u anything of the master clock yet since it has not arrived, but, I just got my soTm gear all upgraded as u know and that already is a huge upgrade in SQ. I'm sure the master clock will be an excellent addition. I have ordered Tellurium Black Diamond BNC for the cables. I like Tellurium stuff and all my cables are from them or soTm. I love the natural feel they give.

The Cat7 with the isolators are really lovely, it's dead quiet, very musical with all the details that I love. 

It was actuallu a toss up between the soTm BNC and the Tellurium, in the end I went with the Tellurium as I have excellent experience with their cables especially their Silver Diamond USB cables that I use. Thst's not to say the soTm BNC is a slouch, there was a nice review of them in Audio bacon. The Tellurium cable though is a bit of a calculated risk as I have never heard them and there is not much review on them too except for the SPDIF version.

I will defintely post my impression of the master clock when it arrives, probably tomorrow.