IGNORED

HQPlayer version 4 requirements

brad225

13 hours ago, Miska said:

It is very hard to say about a particular machine without trying the exact same machine. My old 2011 Mac Mini can only do DSD128 (HyperThreaded dual-core i5). A bit newer quad-coreI would expect those newer 4-core and 6-core models to do DSD512 with non-EC modulators and -2s filters. But obviously I cannot promise.

Miska,

thanks for quick reply. Anotherquestion do I need 16Gb or is 8Gb internal memory enough to run Hqp 4.xx.?  

Please  share your results  with I9 IMac i am  curious 😊.

Best Regards, Andreas

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

7 hours ago, ambre said:

thanks for quick reply. Anotherquestion do I need 16Gb or is 8Gb internal memory enough to run Hqp 4.xx.?  

Please  share your results  with I9 IMac i am  curious 😊.

HQPlayer doesn't need much memory, so about 1 GB plus largest file you'd listed (for filesystem cache) is good amount of free memory. I ordered my iMac with 8 GB and then purchased 32 GB of Kingston RAM for it (175€), so now the total is 40 GB and easy to swap the original 8 GB to another 32 GB for 175€ if it feels necessary...

It is working actually better than I expected, see screenshot earlier in this thread! A bit louder than I expected too, but not an issue for me. But definitely louder than my old iMac. When running the way shown in the screenshot it sounds like a hair dryer, but luckily doesn't go into to a vacuum cleaner mode... So you'd not want it in your listening room doing processing, but if you use a NAA and run it somewhere else - no problem.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 10/10/2019 at 7:28 PM, Miska said:

HQPlayer doesn't need much memory, so about 1 GB plus largest file you'd listed (for filesystem cache) is good amount of free memory. I ordered my iMac with 8 GB and then purchased 32 GB.

Thanks for quick reply. It’s pitty  that the new Mac mini cannot be upgraded afterwards.

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

• 1 month later...

Hi all, hi @Miska.

i want to upgrade my cpu, now i have an i3-2100t running on a https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3-rev-13/support#support-cpu. I'dont need DSD, my DAC is PCM only (BB1704k based), max 768Khz.

Trying HQPlayer 4 Embedded, i can get XTR-MP filters upsampling from 44.1 to 768Khz, but i need to add convolution for 2ch only.

Which cpu is more suitable among the compatible ones, wanting to keep a low TDP?

Or is it better to use the top i7-3770k?

Tnx.

• 8 months later...
On 9/26/2019 at 12:34 PM, StreamFidelity said:

Interesting! I assume that does not apply to PCM sources? At least I have no performance slump without CUDA.

I'm using the convolution for stereo and have 384kHz files (generated with Acourate) deposited. Mostly I hear with

convolution on / poly-sync-ext2 / ASDM7EC / 44.1 / 16/  2 -> 12.288M (DSD 256 x 48) / 1 / 2.

Great sound! Also with higher sources like PCM 192 / 24 there are no problems.

36854482ai.png

Hello, what computer are you using?

On 10/10/2019 at 11:28 AM, Miska said:

What type of Mac are you using?

HQPlayer doesn't need much memory, so about 1 GB plus largest file you'd listed (for filesystem cache) is good amount of free memory. I ordered my iMac with 8 GB and then purchased 32 GB of Kingston RAM for it (175€), so now the total is 40 GB and easy to swap the original 8 GB to another 32 GB for 175€ if it feels necessary...

It is working actually better than I expected, see screenshot earlier in this thread! A bit louder than I expected too, but not an issue for me. But definitely louder than my old iMac. When running the way shown in the screenshot it sounds like a hair dryer, but luckily doesn't go into to a vacuum cleaner mode... So you'd not want it in your listening room doing processing, but if you use a NAA and run it somewhere else - no problem.