IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

I want to add one last thing..I checked with our team and DietPI is made by Dan K.. For  personal reasons Dan is not available since December and this is the reason the driver has not been updated.

We are trying to get in contact with the new developer with no luck so far..

1 hour ago, Koomy said:

I have the original Sparky/USBridge and use this WiFi Dongle.

Will it work with the USBridge Sig?

USBridgeWiFi.jpg.8df3b83dd22e157d08f22027584b1844.jpg

Thanks

Maybe it works but it is IEEE 802.11N only.

I would buy a Comfast CF-912AC. This one was tested by MoOde Audio with the SIG.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

I ordered USBridge Sig, eMMC, case for USB Sig & DigiOne Sig, plus Shanti on Oct4. Ord# #006544

Total price US$474.65 = CAD656.05 including US$48.90 shipping.

Got msg from Fedex today Oct 15 that pkg has arrived at their facility here in Toronto, Canada.

And Fedex wants me to pay CAD84.88 for duty & import tax before they will deliver.

It this a mistake?

I have bought lots of electronics parts before but didn't have to pay duty&tax.

Pls clarify ASAP.

Den

9 hours ago, allo.com said:

I want to add one last thing..I checked with our team and DietPI is made by Dan K.. For  personal reasons Dan is not available since December and this is the reason the driver has not been updated.

We are trying to get in contact with the new developer with no luck so far..

That sounds odd, usually @MichaIng (current DietPi dev) is very responsive. However, he might be busy preparing next DietPi release right now. Maybe try contacting him on the DietPi forum?

11 hours ago, allo.com said:

Hello Nfbf

Meanwhile , there are always other choices in the market , if our product does not suit you.

Sure, I am actually very happy with the DigiOne Signature on a very low power RPi3. Still, it would be nice to have a audiophile mainboard that can be extended with clean USB outputs, clean S/PDIF outputs, high quality Ethernet and wireless interfaces according to one's specific needs. The USBridge is a first step in the right direction but I very much hope that a more modular design will emerge at a certain point.

My USBridge Sig won’t play upsampled DSD. My previous USBridge happily played PCM upsampled to DSD128 into my McIntosh C52. I’ve tried DietPi and Ropieee but no luck. Anyone else able to upsample to DSD? My C52 doesn’t indicate a DSD signal but shows PCM 352.8. 

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

14 hours ago, dtossan said:

I ordered USBridge Sig, eMMC, case for USB Sig & DigiOne Sig, plus Shanti on Oct4. Ord# #006544

Got msg from Fedex today Oct 15 that pkg has arrived at their facility here in Toronto, Canada.

And Fedex wants me to pay CAD84.88 for duty & import tax before they will deliver.

It this a mistake?

Pls clarify ASAP.

Den

Forwarded PM please check

17 hours ago, dtossan said:

It this a mistake?

Pls clarify ASAP.

Den

Hi Dtossan

items are shipped from India . Its up to customs from your country to charge duty. Sorry about that , I know that Canadian customs sometimes overreach

14 hours ago, nbpf said:

Sure, I am actually very happy with the DigiOne Signature on a very low power RPi3. Still, it would be nice to have a audiophile mainboard that can be extended with clean USB outputs, clean S/PDIF outputs, high quality Ethernet and wireless interfaces according to one's specific needs. The USBridge is a first step in the right direction but I very much hope that a more modular design will emerge at a certain point.

I think that adding WIFI on board will not be very good for low noise USB/Spidif oputput , while it might be more convenient

As I said , its rather hard to build a low cost , hi quality audio device. We are doing our best and note that we are also one of the first ones with a modular design . I am sure that more companies will start doing so, however I have doubts that it will be at the same price point .

Everything is possible , but the combination of great sound (low noise digital outputs) low/medium costs is not something we see very often

10 hours ago, dmormerod said:

My USBridge Sig won’t play upsampled DSD. My previous USBridge happily played PCM upsampled to DSD128 into my McIntosh C52. I’ve tried DietPi and Ropieee but no luck. Anyone else able to upsample to DSD? My C52 doesn’t indicate a DSD signal but shows PCM 352.8. 

Hi

so you are sending DSD 128 to your C2 ? From what you report , it seems that you are sending DOP 128 = PCM 352.8

57 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Hi

so you are sending DSD 128 to your C2 ? From what you report , it seems that you are sending DOP 128 = PCM 352.8

@allo.com - Roon is set to upsample to DSD128 and the USBridge Sig is configured as DSD over PCM in Roon. (Which if memory serves me right is how my USBridge was configured and it played & indicated DSD 128 perfectly)

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

Hi Dmormerod

I am not quite sure why it used to showed DSD 128 before, but DOP 128 (DSD over PCM) IS PCM 352.8 (with DSD 128 inside the PCM) 

It seems that it functions correctly .

USbridge Sig will work with lower A but we never tried at 1.1A (will do so in near future)

Just now, allo.com said:

Hi Dmormerod

I am not quite sure why it used to showed DSD 128 before, but DOP 128 (DSD over PCM) is PCM 352.8 (with DSD 128 inside the PCM)

It seems that it functions correctly .

USbridge Sig will work with lower A but we never tried at 1.1A (will do so in near future)

Well it's not functioning as there is no sound.  But also why would the USBridge support DSD128 and the USBRidge Sig not in my system? That's a backwards step, not an upgrade!

Just now, allo.com said:

I did not realize there is no sound .

OK can you check in Usbridge Sig (not sure what OS you have) that you have enabled DSD native ?

I have an support ticket open with Sudeep so hopefully it will get sorted.  I've tried Ropieee & DietPi, both gave the same result.

13 hours ago, dmormerod said:

I had DSD64, 128, 256, and 512 working with the USBridge Signature.

1 hour ago, allo.com said:

I did not realize there is no sound .

OK can you check in Usbridge Sig (not sure what OS you have) that you have enabled DSD native ?

FYI in case anyone else hits a similar issue. It looks like the problem was the volume set in Alsamixer. It was set to 25, upping to 100 suddenly means the C52 is now reporting DSD128. Thanks to the guys at Allo Support who helped figure this out.