IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

On 11/29/2019 at 5:20 PM, Facel said:

I have just received My USBridge Signature ...

When I try co connect to allo web page I only get acces to a Page without any command on it

(there is written dashboard but it is only text (not a link to another web page)  !!!

Allo web pagee.JPG

On 12/2/2019 at 6:00 AM, Audio_Allo said:

Forwarded PM please check

@Allo  ... I am quite surprised to be the only one with this problem ...and also by your PM .. unless nobody care about upgrading dietpi OS.

When I use the allo web gui image (https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/DietPi_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z)

I can access the allo web page,

The Allo image is based on dietpi V6.14 (sept 2018) .. last version is V 6.26...

As soon as I upgrade the dietpi version ...the allo web page is faulty.   That is probably due to a compatibility problem with PHP as PHP upgraded prompt a warning message , and is embedded into the dieppi upgrade.

=>Thanks to  Allo for providing a solution for this case.

In addition I also have problem when playing 24/96 files with the signature is DLNA mode (GM Renderer) ... I need to investigate but I do not have such problem with the "basic" USBbrige ...

1 hour ago, Facel said:

@Allo  ... I am quite surprised to be the only one with this problem ...and also by your PM .. unless nobody care about upgrading dietpi OS.

When I use the allo web gui image (https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/DietPi_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z)

The Allo image is based on dietpi V6.14 (sept 2018) .. last version is V 6.26...

As soon as I upgrade the dietpi version ...the allo web page is faulty.   That is probably due to a compatibility problem with PHP as PHP upgraded prompt a warning message , and is embedded into the dieppi upgrade.

In addition I also have problem when playing 24/96 files with the signature is DLNA mode (GM Renderer) ... I need to investigate but I do not have such problem with the "basic" USBbrige ...

I also went the dietpi upgrade route. Something's wrong with this upgrade. I didn't bother anymore and installed Ropieee. Much less hassle and it's comparable to dietpi soundwise.

14 hours ago, ambre said:

Hi all, 

My new Usbridge Sig and Shanti installed. First impression a league better than my previous Usbridge feeded  by Sbooster and IfiPower.

But I use the 5v, 1a second power supply to feed my Project Pre Box  S2  digital too with the Shanti supply.  I my opinion UsbBridge Sig and Project makes 1 + 1 = 3

Ps. I use the Usbridge Os-DietPi as NAA for HQ- Player 4.1.2 in combination with the Uptone USB Regen and shunted (JS) smps. 

Next step might be to upgrade to USB to the Uptone USB Regen and Lp2 power supply.

Dear Allo you have done a very nice step in development.😄

Ps. 2 Allo support told me for the time being not to update the latest DietPi version!

Hi Ambre,

Would you be so kind and test on your new USbridge Signature three power supplies that you have - Shanti, Sbooster and IfIPower and let me know which one of them sounds best for you?

I have the same setup as you + Digione Signature on top of USbridge Signature. Powering the whole setup with Shanti gives medicore results. It is much better sound wise to use two separate power supplies - like Allo Stock SMPS to power USBridge Signature and Shanti to power only Digione Signature. I am considering upgrading Allo Stock SMPS to iFiPower or even Sbooster, if funds allow. I plan on keeping Shanti for powering only Digione Signature.

I would be courious what are your impressions of powering USbridge Signature with the power supplies you have at hand. If you can do such test and share your results, I would be very grateful.

Thank you!

Marcin

Hello Kamuisan

please check that on your Shanti AC voltage is correct for your country. Then please check that 3A output is connected to USbridge Sig and 1A to your Digione Sig.

Do you have a way to check for voltage output on Shanti ?

Its abnormal that you get better results with SMPS

1 hour ago, allo.com said:

Hello Kamuisan

please check that on your Shanti AC voltage is correct for your country. Then please check that 3A output is connected to USbridge Sig and 1A to your Digione Sig.

Do you have a way to check for voltage output on Shanti ?

Its abnormal that you get better results with SMPS

Hi Allo,

I double checked my setup. Shanti is set to 230V, which is correct for my country (I live in Poland). I use the 3A rail to power USBridge Signature and the 1A rail to power the Digione Signature.

I know that SQ is subjective, but when I connect Allo stock SMPS (that I still have from the original USBridge) to USBridge Signature and use the 1A rail of Shanti only for Digione Signature I get a much better sound. To be honest they are miles apart. With Shanti powering both units the dynamics is choked, the sound is much darker, the fine details are lost, soundtage collapses.

I have a standard universal meter at home. If you let me know how to measure the voltage output of Shanti I can do that.

I have one technical question - if I use Shanti only for powering Digione Signature and other power supply for USbridge Signature should I still connect the ground posts of Shanti and  USbridge Signature + Digione Signature chassis?

Thank you!

Marcin

4 hours ago, Facel said:

Regarding Dietpi update issue ,we got the replay from dietpi team that it will be corrected in 6.27 Version

Hi Marcin

We are suspecting there is an issue with your Shanti , it should be above any SMPS

Please measure the output of 3A side using DC meter and see if you get around  5 to 5.2V, Usually universal voltage meters have inputs protected so you cannot reverse (damage) because of wrong polarity 

I have a Shanti...in my usb bridge signature. 

and it is a day and night difference between a ifi or a sbooster. 

If you hear not a diffence than you can better hold it simple with your audio 🔉 🎶 

Or there is a problem with the Shanti or you ears or instalation 😉

1 hour ago, allo.com said:

Hi Marcin

We are suspecting there is an issue with your Shanti , it should be above any SMPS

Please measure the output of 3A side using DC meter and see if you get around  5 to 5.2V, Usually universal voltage meters have inputs protected so you cannot reverse (damage) because of wrong polarity 

Hi Allo,

I measured the output of Shanti. On the 3A rail I get 5.4V on the output. On the 1A rail it is 5.3V. I used UNI-T UT39 digital multimeter. By comparison the output on the Allo stock SMPS is 5.2V.

Are the measurements correct? Is Shanti fully operational?

Thank you!

Marcin

On 12/4/2019 at 4:55 PM, Kamuisan said:

Hi Allo,

I measured the output of Shanti. On the 3A rail I get 5.4V on the output. On the 1A rail it is 5.3V. I used UNI-T UT39 digital multimeter. By comparison the output on the Allo stock SMPS is 5.2V.

Are the measurements correct? Is Shanti fully operational?

Thank you!

Marcin

Pleaase let us know once you get a replacement unit whether you have the same experience or was it particular unit dependant.

1 hour ago, blighter said:

Pleaase let us know once you get a replacement unit whether you have the same experience or was it particular unit dependant.

Thanks for Allo's excelent customer support I discovered that in my unit the 3A rail sound much worse than the 1A rail (tested with Digione Signature). Probably this is a faulty unit. Once I get a replacement I will report on the forum, if there is a change. The 1A rail sounds very good. If the 3A rail in the new unit sounds as good as the 1A one, Shanti is a killer power supply.

Playing Issue with DieptPi  on USBridgeSig..

The DietPi version can't play correctly Flac Files hosted on an Intel Nuc running Jriver as Media server.

The USBridge is connected to my DAC (Amanero 384 driver) and used as DLNA renderer with GMRender.

The problem is still there after installing JRiver on DietPI and playing through JRiver instead of GMRender.

When I switch to volumio on The USBridgeSig its plays flawlessly

Is allo aware about this problem .??...

12 hours ago, Facel said:

Playing Issue with DieptPi  on USBridgeSig..

The DietPi version can't play correctly Flac Files hosted on an Intel Nuc running Jriver as Media server.

The USBridge is connected to my DAC (Amanero 384 driver) and used as DLNA renderer with GMRender.

The problem is still there after installing JRiver on DietPI and playing through JRiver instead of GMRender.

When I switch to volumio on The USBridgeSig its plays flawlessly

Is allo aware about this problem .??...

So as it seems that  DietPi does not work and Volumio does appear to work, I’m thinking that there must be something that DietPi “has” and that Volumio “does not have”?

Otherwise why not show switch to Volumio?

41 minutes ago, suzywong said:

So as it seems that  DietPi does not work and Volumio does appear to work, I’m thinking that there must be something that DietPi “has” and that Volumio “does not have”?

Otherwise why not show switch to Volumio?

DietPi's GMRenderer can sound, to my ears, a bit more transparent than Volumio.  DietPi also offers many more options for renderers than Volumio, including HQPlayer NAA, MPD, LMS etc.  But it's a little frustrating to work with, I'm never sure which version is going to work.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:58 AM, allo.com said:

SQ of USB vs SPIDIF is a very old question and frankly the answer is very clear. If both outputs are well implemented (like UsbrisgeSig/Digione Sig)  then the difference comes down on how input was implemented on your DAC .

What's about to clocks? For example,  Sotm used advanced clocks to improve their devices. What type of clock did you use in the usbridge sig?

6 hours ago, franz159 said:

I have never used GMRenderer, but my "multi renderer" system of choice is Moode, which afaik runs nicely on the USBridge Sig. You might want to give it a try?

I do use Moode and like it very much.  It seemed to me that the commenter was wondering why one would use DietPi if it was being fussy.  I was just observing that some people like the options it affords.

@matthias,

Actually I already have. I have used the ER in 2 setups, both using a USBBridge Sig as the player endpoint. One has a somewhat modified Katana stack, the other a somewhat modified Ian GB FiFoPi/Dual-Mono ES90338Q2M/IVStd stack. Both benefited greatly from the ER. I strongly suspect the USBBridge Sig works synergistically with the ER.

If you look at my last 12 or so posts on this board, almost all are raves about the ER in these setups.

AND my emails to Ioan at Allo about this have been even more enthusiastic!

Interestingly, I felt the Katana setup benefited more from the addition of the ER. Before the ER, I would have put my Ian GB setup a little ahead of the Katana. Now I'd say the tables have reversed. Though I'm listening to a different discrete opamp in Ian's IVStd tonight as I type and the tables may have turned again... will see after I get some hours on them.

Greg in Mississippi

Everything Matters!

2 systems... Well-Tempered Refs->ET-2.5->DIY or Lounge LCR MkII phono stages

Standalone digital Sony HAP Z1-ES or SDTrans384/Soekris DAM DAC

Networked digital Zotac PI320-W2 LMS Server -> EtherRegen -> USBBridge Sig -> Katana / Ian GB / Soerkis / Buffalo-IIIPro DACs

Passive S&B TX102 TVC or ladder attenuators -> BHK-250 -> Eminent Tech LFT-VIII / IV / VI

ALL gear modified / DIY'd; cables MIT;  all supplies DIY’d or LPS-1.2s w/HUGE Ultracaps; Audio gear on DIY AC filters + PS Aud P15s; misc gear on separate AC w/filters

6 hours ago, gstew said:

@matthias,

Actually I already have. I have used the ER in 2 setups, both using a USBBridge Sig as the player endpoint. One has a somewhat modified Katana stack, the other a somewhat modified Ian GB FiFoPi/Dual-Mono ES90338Q2M/IVStd stack. Both benefited greatly from the ER. I strongly suspect the USBBridge Sig works synergistically with the ER.

If you look at my last 12 or so posts on this board, almost all are raves about the ER in these setups.

AND my emails to Ioan at Allo about this have been even more enthusiastic!

Interestingly, I felt the Katana setup benefited more from the addition of the ER. Before the ER, I would have put my Ian GB setup a little ahead of the Katana. Now I'd say the tables have reversed. Though I'm listening to a different discrete opamp in Ian's IVStd tonight as I type and the tables may have turned again... will see after I get some hours on them.

Greg in Mississippi

Thanks for the info. Did you also compare streaming with/without the ER to local files on a USB stick (with Ethernet unplugged)? 

In my system via Moode, local files are very close to streaming the exact same files via DNLA from the cloud (without anything special, just Ethernet with quality industrial cable from my standard ISP box).

So I am wondering if the ER with the USB Sig brings the SQ of streaming up to the level of local files or even (somehow?) exceeds it?