IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

On 9/24/2019 at 10:21 PM, allo.com said:

Usbridge Sig/ Audiiophile SBC will send the standard i2s signal (rather cleaner) but not over 384Khz (with the right distri)

Usbridge Sig will run standard Rasbian but speed on network will be limited to 100Mbs. By updating the driver of the ethernet IC you will reach 330Mbs ( we will post a manual on how to do itl and the source code of the driver)

Any news on how to update the ethernet driver?

1 hour ago, zacho said:

If i'm not wrong, an aluminium case should be out this week. 

Interesting but according to Allo the USBridge Sig is designed to be an extensible platform:

you can use a DigiOne / DigiOne Sig to make a full fledge streamer that outputs USB, BNC and coaxial

Thus, I would expect the case to support such extensions and thus be a base rather than a case.

Anyway, I think that the approach of building dedicated audio boards based on RPi compute modules is the right way to go. What I would like to see in the end is a dedicated base board that can be extended with high quality USB, S/PDIF, Ethernet, etc. outputs depending on one's needs. The USBridge Sig. is perhaps not already there but it is a first step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, nbpf said:

Interesting but according to Allo the USBridge Sig is designed to be an extensible platform:

Thus, I would expect the case to support such extensions and thus be a base rather than a case.

Anyway, I think that the approach of building dedicated audio boards based on RPi compute modules is the right way to go. What I would like to see in the end is a dedicated base board that can be extended with high quality USB, S/PDIF, Ethernet, etc. outputs depending on one's needs. The USBridge Sig. is perhaps not already there but it is a first step in the right direction.

They will have a case for USBridge + Digione Sig.

USbridge Sig alu cases are in clearance in India , they will start selling this week .

Mounting holes next to RPI connector are compatible with RPI HATs , mounting holes of USBridge corners are compatible with our ALU casing.

USB outputs (USBridge Signature) was our main target . We can assure you , that while this is a 250$ unit , we are fully confident that it will compete with the best of the best (streamers) on USB

Not everyone needs SPIDIF...but if you do , we chose not to reinvent the wheel and make it compatible with Digione.Digione Signature coaxial/BNC digital outputs (that was tested as the lowest jitter device on ASR forum)

At last...Ethernet itself was made to be very quiet. In fact we have 5 LDOs feeding the Axis IC with independent power rails . In addition , we have placed filtering after the isolation transformer with components that just came out last year (common mode chokes for GB Ethernet for noisy auto environments)

2 hours ago, allo.com said:

USbridge Sig alu cases are in clearance in India , they will start selling this week .

Mounting holes next to RPI connector are compatible with RPI HATs , mounting holes of USBridge corners are compatible with our ALU casing.

USB outputs (USBridge Signature) was our main target . We can assure you , that while this is a 250$ unit , we are fully confident that it will compete with the best of the best (streamers) on USB

Not everyone needs SPIDIF...but if you do , we chose not to reinvent the wheel and make it compatible with Digione.Digione Signature coaxial/BNC digital outputs (that was tested as the lowest jitter device on ASR forum)

At last...Ethernet itself was made to be very quiet. In fact we have 5 LDOs feeding the Axis IC with independent power rails . In addition , we have placed filtering after the isolation transformer with components that just came out last year (common mode chokes for GB Ethernet for noisy auto environments)

Great, will the case work with a DigiOne Signature mounted on the USBridge Sig?

I already have a DigiOne and a DigiOne Signature and I do not actually need a clean USB output. But would not mind trying the USBridge Sig if this comes with a case that can accommodate the DigiOne Signature extension and has a fair return policy.

3 hours ago, uniquesnowflake said:

They will have a case for USBridge + Digione Sig.

Great, thanks. Although for the time being I am not planning further investments in Allo hardware, I am looking forward to see how the new case looks like.

The USBridge Sig seems much better than the DigiOne + DigiOne Signature boards, time will tell whether this is the beginning of a new line of dedicated audio boards and extensions or just another ad hoc design.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:43 AM, allo.com said:

You need only 1 Shanti

3A feeds USBrisge Sig (that in turn will feed Digione Sig "dirty side") and 1A output to "clean side" of Digione Sig

So if I'm planning for USBridge Sig + DigiOne Sig + Katana, I'll need two Shanti?

On 9/30/2019 at 6:26 AM, allo.com said:

I'm assuming they cases are still stuck in customs as I don't see them on the website yet? Any ETA?

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

Am I reading the website correctly, the usbridge signature player with aluminium case is only $10 more than the usbridge signature without case ($249 vs $239)?

I was an early adopter and received my Usbridge signature + Shanti earlier this week, and it’s working fine and performing brilliantly but I’m wondering how much I’m going to have to pay for a case now they are available. Hope I’m not going to be too financially disadvantaged for the sake of waiting a week.

27 minutes ago, Aprobin said:

Am I reading the website correctly, the usbridge signature player with aluminium case is only $10 more than the usbridge signature without case ($249 vs $239)?

I was an early adopter and received my Usbridge signature + Shanti earlier this week, and it’s working fine and performing brilliantly but I’m wondering how much I’m going to have to pay for a case now they are available. Hope I’m not going to be too financially disadvantaged for the sake of waiting a week.

That was my concern, and the reason I waited for the complete package  to order. I don't even see just the case for sale. But the other aluminum cases are $45-55.