IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

ALLO USBRIDGE SIG doesn't reconnect when switching sources on DAC 😕

Hello from a total newbie here,

I've had my Allo USBridge Signature Player for just a few days, and although there's still room for improvement (e.g. PSU and ground wire), the early results in terms of SQ are wonderful !   It took a bit of tweaking, nothing too involved though, thanks to the numerous blogs and forums available online .....

YET, contrary to my other streamers, this one doesn't seem to be able to hook back up when switching sources on the DAC (e.g. USB to SPDIF then back to USB)..... I've experienced this "flaw" with both DietPI and piCorePlayer on this unit, so I assume it's some kind of kernel issue (actually a similar issue was reported on the "old" Allo Sparky based USBridge back in 2019 and identified as a "kernel error").

Any ideas pleeease ? 

Thank you for your patience and dedication to this group's (and my) welfare.

4 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

USBridge Sig running RoPieee, here, connected to a Chord Qutest via USB. Qutest is also connected via Toslink to my TV: no issue at all switching between the two 😶

Good to know, thx !  Then it's not kernel related anymore, it must be some output setting...... Hopefully some PiCore/Squeezelite user will point to the solution.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, tryman said:

Hi can usbridge sig  connect to hdmi or 40 gpio for display 3.5inch or 5 inch  (that for rasp pi)

The USBridge player definitely connects to a monitor thru HDMI. Just make sure you've got the right cable. I also use a USB cable to handle touchscreen (or mouse) function - works like a charm