IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

14 hours ago, dtossan said:

I ordered USBridge Sig, eMMC, case for USB Sig & DigiOne Sig, plus Shanti on Oct4. Ord# #006544

Total price US$474.65 = CAD656.05 including US$48.90 shipping.

Got msg from Fedex today Oct 15 that pkg has arrived at their facility here in Toronto, Canada.

And Fedex wants me to pay CAD84.88 for duty & import tax before they will deliver.

It this a mistake?

I have bought lots of electronics parts before but didn't have to pay duty&tax.

Pls clarify ASAP.

Den

Forwarded PM please check

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, biosailor said:

Another issue I'd need help!

I downloaded DietPi (DietPi_v6.18_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.img), flashed it to a micro SSD and slotted it into the USBridge Signature. However, it fails completely to install.

Is there some help somewhere how to install the image on the USBridge Sig?

I appreciate input.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Paul

Please download and flash Dietpi image from below link

http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/DietPi/DietPi_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z

38 minutes ago, Grebleem said:

Just received my USBridge today, Love the sound! 

Only one minor problem, I updated to DietPi v6.26.3, but now the Allo GUI is unavailable. I get a 'Login Failed' message. GUI worked fine before the update. Any ideas? 

We suspect while updating dietpi crashed.

Now need to re-flash Dietpi Allo Web GUI image,You can download image from below link and re-flash using etcher tool.

http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/DietPi/DietPi_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z

Note: After re-flashing don't update, some times dietpi update causing the problem. Issue reported to dietpi team.

15 hours ago, colhd said:

I have now tried another hard reboot, this time connected to a different TV as the screen.  Same result, wall of text with 4 raspberries at top left, scrolls down and then the screen goes completely black and unresponsive.

On all occasions my DAC is connected and it shows "DSD512" on its display whenever the USBridge Sig is powered up.  It is only when I turn the Shanti off that the DAC display changes to "----" which is what it shows when it does not see any digital input connected eg USB direct from laptop.

If you are getting test while boot up means it is booting properly ,After that screen will go blank. For getting login screen you need to press Ctrl+Alt+F2 keys together in keyboard.

Then you need to enter ssh login credentials

username (login) : pi

password : moodeaudio

After login you can enter below command to find out the IP address of device

ifconfig

Then enter IP address on web browser for accessing moode audio web GUI ,also you can access by entering   http://moode.local in web browser

(Use http://moode.local or IP address, whichever works on your network. Typically,
Android OS will only work with IP address)

13 hours ago, rolandleung2016 said:

dear Allo,

I bought a USB signature. it came with a USB C power lead. can you tell me what plug size is the other end. I found a linear power supply which can power the unit but would like a better lead so need to know the size of the other end of the plug.

roland

Size of the other end of the plug is 2.1x 5.5 mm.

11 hours ago, Michaeljohn said:

(1) I'm having trouble powering the US Bridge Sig with my TeraDak DC-30 LPS.  The power light is lit, but faint, and I can't find it on my network.  The TeraDak power supply was previously running my US Bridge without any issues.  I've confirmed that the new USBridge Sig does work with the stock switching mode power supply—power light is on and its visible on my network.  Could it have to do with the USB-C adapter?  Apart from the recommendation to use the Allo Shanti, any thoughts on why the TeraDak LPS would not be sufficient for the US Bridge Sig?

(2) I'm also occasionally getting small "clicks" when listening via Roon -> HQPlayer -> US Bridge Sig -> RME ADI-DAC....they did not exist with the original US Bridge using the same Roon/HQplayer settings.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ambre said:

Hi Allo.com Support,

2 questions:

1)Juist received and installed the UsbBRidge Signature.  Default as usb interface is rpi-bcam2835-ultrahq.

Changed that in default USB for my ProjectBox Ultra S2 by means of Allo Gui.

I am using DietPi only as NAA for HQ-player. It seems to me that NON DOP (N native) isn't longer supported ?Is that correct? 

2) Can I Update present version of DietPi 6.18.14 without any harm to 6.26? What are the benefits and is also the Kernel etc. updated?

In awaiting yr reply.

Regards Andreas

4 hours ago, Facel said:

@Allo  ... I am quite surprised to be the only one with this problem ...and also by your PM .. unless nobody care about upgrading dietpi OS.

When I use the allo web gui image (https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/DietPi_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z)

I can access the allo web page,

The Allo image is based on dietpi V6.14 (sept 2018) .. last version is V 6.26...

As soon as I upgrade the dietpi version ...the allo web page is faulty.   That is probably due to a compatibility problem with PHP as PHP upgraded prompt a warning message , and is embedded into the dieppi upgrade.

=>Thanks to  Allo for providing a solution for this case.

In addition I also have problem when playing 24/96 files with the signature is DLNA mode (GM Renderer) ... I need to investigate but I do not have such problem with the "basic" USBbrige ...

Regarding Dietpi update issue ,we got the replay from dietpi team that it will be corrected in 6.27 Version

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, mcsfsf said:

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about my USBridge Signature / DigiOne Signature combination.

1. When I power everything up and plug in the Ethernet cable connecting the unit to my router, the LEDs on the Ethernet port do not light up, and the unit does not appear on my network. Does this mean that I have a defective USBridge or is it some sort of software issue? The LEDs visible on the front panel of the case light up, as do the ones on the DigiOne, so I'm assuming it's not a problem with my power supplies.

2. I'm having a problem assembling the aluminum case. The locknut that holds the jack for the clean power connection on the back panel is pressing against the edge of the top board on the DigiOne. This prevents the back panel from sitting flush with the back edges of the case. What am I doing wrong?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Jim

3 hours ago, Mycenius said:

On above I have resolved issue #2 by setting the CPU Governor to 'Performance' from the DietPi Web GUI - but still not sure that's the best way to do so or whether it should be set in a config file.

It also looks like setting it to 'Performance' may have also resolved the occasional pop and crackle issue - but need to test further to be sure...

do I just set CPU to performance using the DietPi web GUI, or use a config file entry as per an earlier post here?

Regarding above Question , Yes in Dietpi need to set CPU  Governor option in Dietpi Web GUI only.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 12:51 AM, ambre said:

Dear allo Team,

Referring earlier message. It is little bit confusing.

On your own webpage you mention version 4.19.97 as latest version.

On the DietPi website is shown the 6.18 version.

Is it safe to do the update via SSH command? And what to the Update via the Dietpi or the Allo Signature update.

I am flabbergasted now

1923809771_Schermafbeelding2020-02-07om20_11_23.jpg.bc063d29f7accdf14daa4176b97a0e72.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-07 om 20.08.52.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-07 om 20.16.56.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-07 om 20.18.29.jpg

On 2/8/2020 at 12:35 AM, ambre said:

Hallo Dear  Allo Team,

What is the status of DiepPi nowadays which version reliable and tested. I am still using the " Old 6.18.14  " version without any problems. Running only HQ-Player software and use the Signature only as NAA for Hq-player

On this forum was stated be sure to load Allo’s most current Ethernet drivers as they recently solved a widespread compatabily issue that affected connections to 100Mbps connections and hi-res data for USBridge Signature users.

Please inform us all by return.

Very best regards Andreas

Dietpi Allo web GUI image with Asix driver v2.0.0 is available on below link.

http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/DietPi/DietPi_v6.26m1_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.img.7z

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 2:07 PM, inca21 said:

Since I moved from my Usbridge to the signature + Shanti when I play an album I have a strong distortion at the beginning and the end of each track and sometimes randomly. It's very annoying. It's attached to a RME ADI2 DAC under Volumio. My library is on a NAS QNAP TS451 or Qobuz. I have a strong wifi connection around 300Mb/s and the Usbridge is connected to a TP link WR902AC. What can be the source of this problem?