IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

On 10/22/2019 at 3:39 PM, allo.com said:

There seems to be a problem with Chord Mojo and Hugo with USBridge Sig (and RPI3) due to the latest kernel move (4.19)

We are investigating and hopefully we can have a solution rather fast

In any case the 4.19 kernel seems to be rather unstable on USB audio . We will post news asap.

https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/3204

Any news on this issue? I use a Chord Qutest and moOde 6.3 software and generally love the sound. I've had one big dropout but lots of little annoying clicks when streaming from the SSD in my fanless pc.

i5 7600 fanless pc running Ubuntu 22.04 and HQPlayer Desktop > Cisco switch > 10Gtek fibre network > Raspberry Pi4 HQPlayerNAA > IFi purifier 3 > SRC-DX > Chord Qutest > Jotunheim 2 preamplifier > Ncore monoblocks > KEF R5 speakers.

13 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Today/Tommorow we will release Moode 5 with 4.14 kernel on our website

Thank you. I've switched over to Volumio in the meantime, but I'll definitely download this version of moOde and give it a go.

i5 7600 fanless pc running Ubuntu 22.04 and HQPlayer Desktop > Cisco switch > 10Gtek fibre network > Raspberry Pi4 HQPlayerNAA > IFi purifier 3 > SRC-DX > Chord Qutest > Jotunheim 2 preamplifier > Ncore monoblocks > KEF R5 speakers.

20 hours ago, allo.com said:

Yes but this is kernel 4.14

We need a new kernel that fixes the issue on 4.19...it will be done by RPI foundation

I've downloaded the version 5.? of moOde from your website and it's all working correctly over ethernet. I'm struggling with WiFi though and wonder if there might be a driver missing for my Comfast CF-912 adapter? I know that it's there in moOde 6.3?

15 hours ago, allo.com said:

Senior God

we are talking about 2 things .

First , we have a driver for Asix ethernet IC that we submitted (above link) to Rasbian . Unfortunately , Rasbian says that we have to submit upstream. Problem is that Asix behaves somehow diffrently with Linux x86 then it does with Linux ARM. So Asix company did make a new driver but they are not ready to submit upstream .

So we did the next best thing. We spoke to all players (Moode, Ropiee , DietPi , Max2play , PCP etc) and simply they updated the Axis driver direct in the players .

It has NOTHING to do with kernel..

We will discuss with Asix and hopefully they will submit the updated driver upstream (but it depends on them)

The second issue , is that kernel 4.19 has an issue with DACs (rpi3) that have Linux non native DSD. Rasbian is working on that and it will be fixed , rather soon . So on next kernel release , it should be fixed.

Like I said , 2 issues . One is the driver that Axis and Rasbian seem to throw the ball to each other (and we try to mediate) , and Kernel thats purely an issue with Rasbian (and we are waiting for the fix)

Please feel free to comment on the thread https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/3204

So USBridge Sig will give you the latest kernels (unlike Sparky)

Does that mean that when the Raspberry pi foundation updates the kernel, and moOde incorporates that kernel into its latest version, I'll be able to use that latest version and take advantage of the latest drivers for ethernet (Asix) and WiFi (Comfast)? But until then I'll just have to use moOde version 5.0?

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, allo.com said:

Hi

RPI foundation is working on a new kernel and as soon as its available we (along with Moode/ Volumio , Pcp , Ropiee) will update to new kernel

Kernel 4.14 is not outdated , in fact most other SBC consider 4.14 as "state of the art" .

The old kernel may not be outdated but given that the workaround involves using moOde 5 rather than moOde 6.4, I wonder if the older software incorporates the drivers that are specific to the Usbridge Sig like the newer moOde does?

The newer moOde also has an updated version of MPD and a lot of other bug fixes and improvements.

Having said all that, moOde 5 is still playing beautifully with my Chord Qutest.

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Andy B said:

Hi,

I have just got a USBridge Sig up and running with MoOde. MoOde is operated from my iphone or laptop, and the Sig is connected via ethernet to a Netgear WiFi router which is wired to a Virgin Hub.

The problem I have is when I try and connect the Sig to a Cisco Network switch. When I try to access via http://moode.local on the laptop it says server won't respond, DNS not recognised, and via the MConnect app on the iPhone MoOde UPnP does not appear under UPnP devices. Removing the Network switch and plugging the Sig back into the Router does solve this problem, but I'd like to get this working via the switch if possible.

Tim from over on MoODE advised the switch could be blocking multicast DNS (mDNS) packets and mDNS is the discovery protocol used to resolve .local domain.

Before I go back to the switch manufacturer have you guys had any issues connecting the USBridge Sig to Cisco switches that you know of as someone mentioned you had encountered this before, and there might be a fix?

Thanks,

Andy.

I too use USBridge Signature, moOde and a Cisco switch. Recently, I have been unable to access using http://moOde.local However, if I type the IP address of the pi in the browser then I have no problems connecting.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, yenibahar said:

I did some reading and tried the same ASIX driver update instructions but with adding "sudo" to the beginning of the instruction line (which I understand is equivalent t RUN?). This time the ASIX driver update seems to have gone through successfully and I got the notification to reboot the USBridge to activate the driver. I did so... and I think I am now in a bigger hole... I can no longer connect to the USBridge. I see no blinking lights at the ethernet connection at the switch. Did I brick the USBridge? I will truly appreciate some guidance/help.

I am finding that sudo reboot doesn't work. Try sudo poweroff and then unplug the power cable and reconnect. That should make it reboot.

Just now, yenibahar said:

The USBridge no longer appears on the network. :-(( I cannot connect to it.

Then just unplug the power cable and reconnect it

4 minutes ago, yenibahar said:

I found the problem... Somehow the OS on the SD card might have been corrupted in the process. I used a backup SD withe the previous OS version and the USBridge is back alive :-)) . I will reflash that SD with the latest OS and see. Should probably work.

I think Tim already uses the latest asix driver so you don't need to update anything unless you have also run sudo rpi-update to get the latest and greatest kernel. It's only with the latest kernel installed that you need the updated asix driver that corresponds to that kernel. The latest kernel that Allo support today is 5.4.50 in either 32bit form (v7) or 64bit (V8)

• 5 months later...

I can happily report that the latest version of RopieeXL (16th Dec 2020) is working perfectly in the USBridge Signature. It's being fed via HQPlayer upsampling pcm to 705.6 and 768 to Chord Qutest.