IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

I am powering the USBridge Sig with an Allo Shanti currently but I would like to introduce Ian's ConditionerPI which introduces an ultracapacitor filter into the GPIO power pins, see here: https://github.com/iancanada/DocumentDownload/tree/master/UltraCapacitorPowerSupply/ConditionerPi

I already added a small ultra/super capacitor across the 5v input of the signature with a small improvement and my question is whether it's possible to power the USBridge signature from the GPIO or is power input only at the USB-C socket.

thanks,
Crom

19 minutes ago, naum said:

Hi,

I don't have a Shanti power supply. What is the best way to ground the USbridge SIg?

Thanks

look in the manual on the allo site. I was on there earlierlooking for an answer to my question. On the PCB there's at least one earthing point marked that i saw.

• 7 months later...
16 minutes ago, hoobi said:

Hi, is it possible to bypass USB C power Usbridge sig and connect power direct to Usbridge PCB?

best regards

I would also like an authorative answer on this. From my personal experience, I powered mine for a long time through the USB connection to great effect. I think used one off Ian Canada's Ultra Capacitor hats to power via the GPIO. This definitely improved things but only lasted about 6 weeks before giving up the ghost!

On 2/6/2021 at 11:39 AM, szczemirek said:

Could you share any photo, please.

Not right now as it's in pieces. Let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see and I'll see if I have an old one. All it is, is the pi conditioner board plugged into othe bridge PCB.

On 2/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, Yviena said:

Interesting, are you sure you had the correct voltage for the conditioner board, or maybe it just died due to some other failure?

What PSU did you use?

5v Shanti plugged into Pi conditioner boards.

It could easily have just died for another reason but it seems like too much of a co-incidence. I'll see if @audio_allo can let me know what the differences in GPIO pin configuration are so that we can clear this up.